[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get a minimum-wage job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (11KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 239x211px
Please help me.... I just want a job at McDonald's or something but I've sent out 40 or so applications and haven't even received a response to any.
>>
>>17995064
Questions: do you have any references and who are they? How old are you? Have you made a resume yet? Have you volunteered for any activities?
>>
Some places, like mcdonalds, have open interviews.
>>
>>17995086
No friends or family or previous work experience so no references. 20. I tried at a couple places but they turned me away.
>>
>>17995184
Why did they turn you away? I find that a bit hard to believe since places are always looking for volunteers, such as libraries, churches, or pet shelters/adoption centers. Not even teachers as references?
>>
File: snowbord.gif (1MB, 317x239px) Image search: [Google]
snowbord.gif
1MB, 317x239px
go in and tell them i'm not leaving until you hire me
>>
Apply to absolutely fucking everything.

If you're extremely desperate, just make shit up. I completely fabricated a job working for a friend of the family (with their consent), who owns their own business. I managed to get a job with my real resume just before I was about to start sending out fake ones. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. You have to keep up the lie for the entirety of the job.
>>
Worked for mcdonalds before. Just walk in and say you've already applied online and that you really need a job. They'll make you wait an inordinate amount of time. This is just to see how desperate you are for the job and how well you'll listen to them. Once they hire you, expect to work too much for shitty pay and be called into work on your days off. Good luck op.
>>
>>17995064
Retirement communities. Assuming that you're clean, they will hire anybody and everyone. Look for a utility worker position, or wait-staff.

The secret to getting hired by a company(when it comes to part time work) is to be a pest to them. Call 3 days after filling out an application, ask if it's been processed, and if you can get an interview.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.