[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEGATIVE VOICES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 12506830313_2c73b02287_b.jpg (471KB, 1024x1010px) Image search: [Google]
12506830313_2c73b02287_b.jpg
471KB, 1024x1010px
How do you get negative voices out of your head?

I need to analyze a text and I don't have much time, so I really need to focus. I was eating at a restaurant just now and after finishing the meal I started walking up to the bar to pay, just to make it quick and easy. The waitress walked over and scowled, and nearly yelled "I'll bring the check". I said okay, smiled, and walked back to my table. Then I saw her talking to the chef across the room, they were looking at me, and she said loudly to him in reference to me "dramatic much?"
Now I have this rude waitress's criticism repeating in my head, and it's a distraction. This type of thing happens often. How do you stop these things from getting you down and distracting you?
>>
Note them with mindfulness,
As negative thinking.

If they return, do it again.

If it's a chronic thing that happens after a week of mindful noting, I would suggest to try changing your mindset (being more generous, being less self centered, being more sympathetic). If it's really pervasive after those changes, you may have a genuine illness and thus must reach a doctor.
>>
>>17994916
It's hard to not allow those negative memories affect you. You're not a freak. I've a similar problem. I've had to, amongst other things, learn to repeat to myself in my mind that it's not up to me to control how they feel about me or about the situation. If they want to be upset that's their problem. Easier said than done though I know. If the voices start to pile up though and won't allow you to focus on basic things, seek medical help immediately. I had to spend time in a psych hospital and now I take meds. It helps a lot. I wish you well anon.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133KB, 615x818px
>>17994916
>How do you get negative voices out of your head?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
short vid , monkey mind
meditate , give monkey mind job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c&spfreload=1
long vid , very good
>>
just tell yourself that those voices aren't you you stupid idiot!! only morons would be so weak to fall under mental disorder idiot!!
>>
>>17996326
Not op here. This. Stupid advice. Take your idea of "advice" to the garbage or keep it to yourself.
>>
>>17994916
That's not negative voices if you recognize that they're just in your head, or maybe it is but that's not what i'm familiar with,

For a while i would get scared because i thought someone was yelling at me regularly, but the sound was in my head and nobody was actually there. I dealt with this by getting more sleep, working out, reading mein kampf and the bible. Worked for me.

Don't be a baby, really. Some people are cunts but that's nothing that should concern you. Dont pretend you're not concerned because if you weren't you wouldn't be brooding on these criticisms as if they were important.

Find something to keep your mind occupied like saving the white race.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.