[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help With Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1483909212395.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483909212395.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
My girlfriend of 4 years just dumped me after New Year's, and because we've been together so long I've alienated all of my other friends, cuz I'm a shut-in hermit. I've got a lot of anxiety going on right now, because I'm going to be doing some Career Training, which means moving away from everyone I know to Los Angeles, and I feel like I'm fucked right now. I don't really have a best friend to confide in anymore, and I had JUST gotten my severe depression under control and medicated. Any advice would help.
>>
>>17994872

>i alienated all of my other friends

i will never understand why people do this. your friends are supposed to be the ones who help you when you inevitably break up. every one seems to think 'NAH THIS IS THE ONE TIME ROMANCE WILL WORK OUT PERFECTLY :3'

>los angeles

we'll be neighbors, I'll take you for a beer sometime.

>and i just got my severe depression under control and medicated

stop making excuses. im not saying you dont have depression but you're acting rather funny the way you word all this. like the worlds trying to pull the carpet out from under ya and watch you fall. your girlfriend broke up. sad, sure, but if you were already so fragile that it would spiral you into full blown depression, than you were never healthy enough to date to begin with.

you want to get through this? my advice, be a man. im not saying dont feel sad, or bad, or alone or lonely. but being a man means seeing this as a minor set back. trust me if a break up and a move is going to send you spiraling into derpression than you arent prepared for any real struggles life will have for you
>>
>>17994883
Well, fuck. That's probably the best advice I've gotten in years. I DO need to stop making excuses for myself, because it's not about saying why I can't, but figuring out how I can. I keep getting so caught up in the shit stuff that's happening to me, I'm not seeing the awesome possibilities that lie ahead. I greatly appreciate this, you've legitimately inspired me to fix my shit.
>>
>>17994920

glad i could help. you're abotu to move to los angeles adn though im sure you loved your gf, you get to start entirely new and experience a new life style.

los angeles is pretty freaking awesome so you're in luck. if you struggle to make friends get on meetup.com its amazing out here, theres an awesome bar that has free video game meet ups every monday, and you get free soft drinks whiel doign it cuz the bar owner legit just does it cuz he loves video games. they set up so many systems on big TVs and we all just hang out and game.

there's also dodgeball and laser tag, and amazing movie theaters, and you can go on hikes with the blue power ranger, and giant pokemon go parties, and just going to the beach and sitting on the sand.

its a pretty great city.
>>
>>17994932
Fucking A! I was just excited for the Technical Training, but now I'm legitimately looking forward to it!
>>
>>17994978

the city has almost anything you could want, and even if your dirt poor there are still options to have fun. the beach is always free, maybe a bottle of sunblock if oyu need it, and theres just so much going on down there every day. they have free dodgeball nights all the time, free movies all the time, lots of cheap 5 dollar entertainment if oyu knwo where to look. theres even some 6 dolalr cinemas if you're in the central LA / hollywood area.

starting over has always been fun for me and theres no better place to do it than in the city man. ive lived all over the fucking place and cities are great. dont get me wrong they have flaws, the cost of living is high but if you're smart you can always find ways to have fun.

[email protected]

hit me up when you're in town, I'll show you around.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.