[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wise to tell a girl who I have been very close friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1485280029696.jpg (166KB, 693x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485280029696.jpg
166KB, 693x600px
Is it wise to tell a girl who I have been very close friends with for years that I have really strong feelings for her?
>>
>>17994563
>keeping chicks as friends
>developing actual feelings for a girl before fucking her

You broke two of my peraonal rules. Now you will lose a friend and be sad.
>>
No. You have feelings for her. She doesn't have feelings for you. Confessing to her is just going to ruin your friendship AND chances at being with her.

Pick whether you want to be with her or whether you want to be friends. If the latter, distance yourself from her somewhat until your feelings fade. If the former, slowly ramp up your closeness, flirt with her, make her have feelings for you. Then ask her out.
>>
>>17994581
Funny thing is, she used to really like me when we first met and being the fucking sperg I was, I was fucking oblivious. It wasn't until later when my friends fucking told me that she was head over heels for me.

I think I've blown it.
>>
>>17994563
men and women have a really hard time just being friends

tell her how you feel and if it fails at least you tried
>>
>>17994592
No, now you actually explained that you have a chance.

Ask her to hang out with you and watch a movie. Make sure the room is cold and only have one blanket on the couch. Things will pick up from there.
>>
Nope. Not unless youre prepared to possibly have to cut her out of your life completely.
>>
>>17994592

In this case, you haven't blown it. We all assumed you were talking about a chick that had displayed absolutely no romantic interest in you.

But if she ever did seem like she liked you, then go ahead and give it a shot. Don't tell her that you have really strong feelings, but acknowledge that as you've gotten to know her, you feel like hanging out even more.
>>
>>17994627
That is obviously the most healthy thing to do though. You say that like that's an option.

>option one, go for chick
positive outcome: get with chick
negative outcome: don't get with chick, don't spend time with her anymore
>option two, do nothing
positive outcome: none
negative outcome: spend time with unrequited love and suffer more being closer to a person that you cannot ever really have
>>
>>17994616
That's actually a pretty ace plan.
>>
>>17994616

This is the best course of action so long as you believe in yourself enough not to be a sperglord of depression and cringe if she rejects you.

Your 35 year old self is gonna wish you confronted her regardless of outcome.
>>
>>17994581
I disagree. I had a "best friend" for the longest time, decided I'll tell her that I was interested in someone and going after that girl. Except that girl was her and I kept it a secret but constantly talking about this girl. I came to a point where I thought i could secure her by telling her who that girl actually is. We've been together since.
>>
>>17994871
this is the dumbest fucking plan, dont do this OP
>>
>>17994871
Oh my god dude that is so gay
>>
>>17994592

Me too, Anon. Then I started to have feelings for her when she was unavailable. I pushed past those feelings because I would rather not risk losing her as a friend. And now we're just that - very good friends.
>>
I have the same problem except she already has a boyfriend but if she didn't I would tell her.

Actually I have never met the guy and she hardly ever talks about him so I have no idea how close they are so I have been contemplating telling her anyways despite not wanting to be that guy.
>>
>>17994871
holy shit, this is a troll right? you made me smile toh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.