[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, Apple Numbers Formula

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4114.png (197KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4114.png
197KB, 1242x2208px
Hello, sorry if this is not the right board, but I really need someone somebody to get me out of tunnel vision.

I'm trying to make the numbers on column F equals to those on column G through a formula and I need some help.

The formula I'm using is:
IF('cellToTheLeft'='cellToTheTopLeft'−(100÷45); (('100-CellToTheLeft')÷(100÷45))+'cellToTheTop'+1; 'cellToTheTop')

Where the first statement is the condition, the second one is the return, and the last one is the ELSE reurn.
The first cell value (F2) is manual input.
Column E is just X:[0 ~ 45]=100:45

The problem is caused by roundings I think. As it works for the 97,7...% but always returns ELSE after it.

But how is it possible? If Numbers can round correctly the first time, shouldn't it always round fine?

I "could" send the sheet to somebody willing to help me, but it's probably easier to make by yourself.
>>
File: IMG_4115.png (196KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4115.png
196KB, 1242x2208px
>>17993815
Let me do an example:
>pic related

IF('97.7...8'='100'−(2.2...3); (('100-97.7...8')÷(2.2...3))+'1'+1; '1')

This will return 3, for F3, F4 and F5.
For F6 should return 6, but the condition will fail(?!) and return the cell above it as per the ELSE statement, and so 3.
>>
Why Apple numbers and not excel or Google sheets? There are hundreds of tutorials out there for software like this. Not trying to grill you, just legitimately curious.
>>
>>17993815
I really want to help you here, but I'm having trouble figuring out what you want to do.
1. the ('100-CellToTheLeft')÷(100÷45) just produces a column of 1,2,3,4.. why do you need multiple copies of the same value, three 97.777 and so on, why not just have one and have one column with the numbers 1,2,3,4..
2. what is the connection between the numbers on column E and G? Do these correspond to some real world situation or system?
>>
Figured it out.
let A be 0,1,2,3,4,5...
let C be A+1
let B1 be 1 (first row of B)
let B2 and onwards be A+1+previousB
this will produce your column G, here in column B.
Good luck.
>>
Figured out that the repetition of numbers corresponds to the value of the number, i.e. the number 3 is repeated three times. Is there a way to produce this without going through the data again once generated.. Can you really do this in a spreadsheet?
>>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
int a,b=1,c;

for( a=1; a<6; a++ )
{
for( c=0; c<b; c++)
{
printf("%d\n", b);
}
b = a+1+b;
}

return 0;
}
/*next time i do your homework i want to get paid.*/
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.