[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started Accutane. Can anyone tell me about their experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (445KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
445KB, 640x480px
Just started Accutane. Can anyone tell me about their experiences with it?
>>
>>17993579
Can't say. I haven't had any since I was a fetus.
>>
My lips were dry and flakey all the time, so was my face.
The dry skin also reacted poorly to sun, so I had to always wear sun block and moisturize and stuff like that.

Other than that, 10/10 would recommend.
Got rid of acne that I had since I was 15.

It's been close to 5 years now and I never had any problems with acne.
>>
>>17993579
Pharmacist here. People have great success with it and have long term results even after stopping. As a pharmacist let me suggest that you make sure to give your pharmacy a couple days notice when you are due to get a refill. The paperwork, reporting, and ordering of the medication can be irksome.

Be aware that some people do have mood disturbances, anger, sadness, depression. Be aware of these and talk to your doctor immediately. Other than that, good luck anon.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211KB, 1600x447px) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211KB, 1600x447px
>>17993579

pic related, me, before and after. changed my life. even when i found ONE topical medication that kept acne at bay my life was still dominated by trying to to contain it.

now im free. its like this huge burden ahs been lifted and i can spedn most of my time focusing on being human instead of trying to look like one.

i only needed it for 3 months. usually you go for 6 to be safe, but i had an unrelated injury that made me stop taking accutane. the doc was impressed that i had cleared up with no acne returning so i just never went back to it, though the option exists if my acne ever returns.

get eucerin for your lips, it will coat them all day so you're not applying a chapstick every 5 minutes. drink lots of water if you dont already.

oh and for face moisturizer, buy something in the 20-30 dollar range. i used to just get a nice 7 dollar moisturizer and didnt realize just how inferior it was until the accutane dryness put it into perspective. i had to apply the old one like 30 times a day, and it'd gunk up.

whereas the 25 dollar olay moisturizer only needed applying like 3 times a day, and now that im off accutane only once a day.

fee lfree to ask any questions
>>
It was tough, I had some big mood swings and by the end of my treatment my lips were so chapped that they physically ached every day. No amount of chap stick would help. It can be tough at times.

Worked like a charm though. I went from having the worst acne of anyone I know to permanently having pretty clear skin. I would say it's definitely worth it, but stay cognizant of the side effects.

/r/skincareaddiction was a godsend to me a well, the advice on that subreddit helped me out a ton.
>>
File: 1479511036257.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1479511036257.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>17993601
>Can't say. I haven't had any since I was a fetus.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.