[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw shaking like a chihuaha from massive anxiety would any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: anxiety.gif (571KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.gif
571KB, 500x375px
>tfw shaking like a chihuaha from massive anxiety
would any of you anons mind sharing tips on how to ease anxiety? or recommending a website, song, video, whatever that makes you feel calm/happy? i would really be thankful

haven't had anxiety in almost 2 years of handling it so it's just really hitting hard right now
>>
I took a long walk a couple nights ago. Was pretty calming.
>>
Controlling your breathing is a medically proven way.

Fast, gasping breaths and longer/harder inhales activate fight or flight response.

Slow breaths and longer exhales activate the opposing system, sometimes called "rest and digest"

Focus on your breathing, control it, and slow it down. In for five beats, hold for two, out for seven.
>>
I lay in bed with candle light and listen to something calming, like asmr videos on youtube.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133KB, 615x818px
>>17993556
meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c&spfreload=1
>>
>>17993588
thank you for sharing something that helps calm you, i'll have to add that into my routine again, used to go on multiple walks daily and it'd really help me in getting rid of any stress in general

>>17993599
funnily enough this is one of the most generally known techniques yet is also the first thing i always forget so i end up panting and hyperventilating as if i tried to run like usain bolt or something

thank you to you as well for reminding me, sitting here and focusing on composing my breathing really worked wonders

>>17993600
thanks anon, that sounds really peaceful

i have a few nice candles that are just sitting there, i'll have to try this when i go to bed in a little bit

>>17993606
thanks for the video, currently in the middle of watching it and finding it very helpful, always heard of meditation for dealing with anxiety and it certainly seems like something i should get into

again, thank you all so very much for taking the time to reply, i'm feeling immensely better than i was at the start of making this thread - i hope you all have a great rest of your day/night
>>
Marconi Union.- Weightless
>>
>>17993674
sounds like something that'll lull me right to sleep during the times i can't, saved it because i know i'll need it

thank you for sharing
>>
I personally hate classical music (I listen to punk rock usually), but when I'm anxious the best thing to calm me down is classical, soft, piano music. I find that a lot of music reminds me of things, and I read into lyrics during a panic attack, but classical music is perfect. Either put on one of those 6 hour YouTube videos OR my personal favorite is finding a really chilled out Twitch stream of someone playing classical piano. Yes, there's streams where people just play piano with no talking.

Also the most important thing I found is to conciously give myself time to think about nothing at all. During panic attacks, I find it impossible to sleep. So what I do is tell myself, conciously, over and over until I fall asleep, "The day is over. I have nothing else to do, and nothing will change before the morning. Everyone is asleep and soon I will be too. There is nothing left I need to do right now."
>>
>>17993716
this is such a lovely piece of advice, especially that mantra of just letting yourself know to take it easy and feel that relief by thinking about nothing as you said - i think the most of us tend to overthink and overanalyze to the point we wear ourselves out, i know for sure i do

i love classical music too, always switching on this classical music channel at night to just help everything fade softly into the background with it - no clue people did twitch streams of them playing a piano, will definitely look into that

thanks a ton anon
>>
>>17993761
Your response actually made me really happy, OP. You seem like a cool person. Best of luck with the anxiety, I hope it passes for you soon. There's at least one stranger out here rooting for you :)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.