[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food & Roommates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1457229946154.jpg (370KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1457229946154.jpg
370KB, 1280x1707px
Hey /adv/,

Live with a few people and recently someone has been eating my food. I've gone to the landlords about it, but for the time being is there anything legal within my rights deal with this shit besides keeping non-refrigerated items within my own room?

I'm fairly positive I know who it is, but that said it isn't stopping them from helping themselves to my shit.
>>
I mean that's not really the landlords responsibility so I'm not sure why you did that.

Did you confront your roommates?
>>
>>17993498
This. Why would the landlord have anything to do with this? And fucking talk to your roommates.
>>
>>17993496
Get a mini fridge and put a lock on it? Get some food and throw it on the floor, throw shit on it, sprinkle dandruff on it...you know, fuck that shit up. Wait for them to eat it, then tell them what you did. Bet that'll stop them.
>>
>>17993498
>It's not really the landlord's responsibility
Theft between tenants isn't at all a concern for a landlord? Sounds like you have shit landlords.

>I'm not sure why you did that
Because as useful as it is, it's still more useful than confronting room-mates

>Did you confront them?
I brought it up, but it's not going to stop a thief from fucking stealing. They're just going to keep taking shit.
>>
>>17993509
A mini fridge has definitely been a thought. Bit of a space constraint issue but sadly the best idea.
>>
>>17993510
Nah, landlords don't give a fuck about your roommates eating your food lmfao

You sound like a bitch. No wonder your roommates don't respect you
>>
>>17993516
>Landlords don't give a fuck
Mine certainly have looked into it. Again, sorry you have shitty landlords.

>No wonder they don't respect you
They had no respect for me long before anything concerning that you fuckwit. They've been eating my god damn food.

What kind of retarded logic is that?
>Hurr durr someone's stealing my shit
>Oh they want to do something about that?
>HAH NO RESPECT FUCK YOU LOSER LET ME EAT MORE OF YOUR SHIT
>>
>>17993510
>Theft between tenants isn't at all a concern for a landlord? Sounds like you have shit landlords.
No, it's not. Their concern is with the property you're renting, not your personal property within it. A landlord has no legal responsibility for your food.
>>
>>17993524
I'm beginning to see why they don't respect you
>>
>>17993524
If by "looked into it" you mean "laughed at me behind closed doors", then yeah, they've "looked into it".

Got a problem? Deal with it directly.

You're a pussy that's afraid of confrontation. That's why you went to your landlord.

If someone breaks into your apartment and steals your TV and whatever else, the landlord is responsible? Fuck no.

You're an idiot and probably socially inept.
>>
>>17993496
The landlord isn't going to do shit nor is it their place to. You agreed to move into this place with these fuckers. confront them or move the fuck out.
>>
>>17993528
Notice the word concern. I never said they're legally responsible for it. You already answered your own fucking question you inbred illiterate fuck.

What is someone with your learning disability even doing on /adv/? Here's some while you're here: go get a fucking education.
>>
>>17993542
Why act tough on the internet when you've admitted to being a betamale in real life?
>>
>>17993496
Murder your room mate with a hammer. That'll learn'em.

Or buy a mini fridge and put a fucking lock on it.
>>
>>17993496
>but for the time being is there anything legal within my rights deal with this shit
lmfao
>>
>>17993551
Because there's a lot of misconceptions on what's actually a good idea to do, perhaps?

Lots of people would advise to put laxatives and other shit in food when you can actually get sued for that, as an example.
>>
Set up a camera, that's what I'd do. One you know who it is, confront them. Don't be aggressive but just be like "Wtf bro"

And if they get aggressive then you lay them out, simple.
>>
>>17993554
yeah you're right.

ok here's some advice.

go to the closest FBI office and tell them someone ate your lunchables and gogurt
>>
>>17993496
>those pancakes
hhnnnngggg
>>
>>17993555
Don't even think it's legal for landlords to set up cameras in public areas of a house besides dealing with an existing legal problem like break ins.

The type of person who has been (likely) taking my shit is a pathological liar though and will always otherwise just say "whatever" when otherwise confronted with evidence.
>>
File: 1459868871916.jpg (4KB, 126x90px) Image search: [Google]
1459868871916.jpg
4KB, 126x90px
>>17993542
Wow, you're a rude little dipshit with no real world experience, huh? Not even the Anon you were responding to.

Your landlord doesn't give 2 shits about personal disputes between tenants. If they gave you the impression that they did, it was because they wanted you to go away and often it's easier to pretend to give a fuck than it is to be truthful.

You can try the police, but I suspect you'll find they take the same approach. If the value of the food is over a certain amount of money, you could take the room mate to court, but I doubt it's worth it.

The real advice for you here is don't move in with shitheads and don't act like a cunt on the internet.
>>
>>17993578
>Don't move in with shitheads
I've lived at this current place for years, and it's only been a recent problem with recent room-mates. I shouldn't have to move out just because some parasitic cunt decides to move in and helps themselves to whatever.

>Don't act like a cunt on the internet
He says in response to someone who was being a daft cunt themselves free of any irony.
>>
you've got bigger issues than roommates stealing your food my man.
>>
>>17993587
No, that anon answered you with far more restraint and grace than I would have. You've been a whiny, entitled sounding little cunt since the the first reply to your post, and had I been answering you instead of him, you'd have damn sure been made aware of it sooner.

Look at this thread and the sheer number of people telling you you're a cunt in so many words. It's all these people telling you you're over reacting and wrong. You're on an advice board and the general consensus is that you're a dipshit. What does that tell you?
>>
>>17993615
>What does that tell you?
>Uses argumentum ad populum

That you and a bunch of others are fucking retarded, as evidenced by this thread? Especially loved all the baseless assumptions thrown in here while none of you retards can refute anything actually stated otherwise.
>>
yeah OP honestly it sounds like you need the shit beat out of you. go pick a fight. maybe with one of those roommates that walk all over you.
>>
I'd steal your food too if I lived with a fuckwit like you.
>>
>>17993628
No real baseless assumptions. Mostly people just telling you you're a dipshit for going to your landlord, who doesn't care and isn't going to do shit, and not your roommate.

You sound really stupid right now.
>>
tell your roommate if they steal any more of your food you're going to beat his ass. if he does, do.
>>
>>17993636
>Didn't go to your room-mate
Part of the baseless assumptions in this thread. I've already talked about this with them and the landlords was the escalation since nothing changed.

Again, just proving to be a stupid cunt all the more while projecting so hard.
>>
>>17993644
Sure you did pal.

My advice is to stop acting like a sniveling cunt. That's why your roommates don't like you.
>>
>>17993657
>That's why they don't like you
Because like you, they're absolutely retarded and get all pissy when someone with superior intellect puts them in their fucking place?

The only little bitch here is you, like my thieving room-mate.
>>
>>17993679
Lmfao

Yeah you sure put them in their place. That's why they're eating your food and fucking girls in their rooms while you throw temper tantrums on the internet
>>
File: 8E1ZpwL.gif (3MB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
8E1ZpwL.gif
3MB, 500x368px
>>17993679
>someone with superior intellect

You're REALLY not helping your case.

If your intellect was really that superior you would've solved your problem by now, don't you think?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.