[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I just stop trying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: OH_sheeeit.png (1MB, 819x577px) Image search: [Google]
OH_sheeeit.png
1MB, 819x577px
I am having horrible luck with women. I am trying to take a woman on a date and she always says "Okay, but I may get called into work" to which I respond "Okay thats fine." Its really not fine but I try to be understanding.

Anyway, I asked her out 3 times now and on the day of the date, she always texts me and says "Sorry, got called in". So what should I do? should I tell her to fuck off?

I have never had a girlfriend and this is probably the closest I have come to progressing and I am 26 so I don't want to give up on her. What can I do?

I have terrible luck with women. I have limited resources to meet new ones. Fuck. I am super desperate and thirsty too. Even though I don't show it in a extreme way, I am really desperate. My standards are basically "Don't be fat and don't be stupid."

My few friends tell me my standards are hilariously low as shown by how I already haven't told this girl to fuck off for blowing me off three times now. Honestly, I am really not that mad, I kind of expect shit like this happen.

Help.
>>
>>17992764

you dont have terrible luck wiht women. luck can only be attributed to single instances. otherwise its a pattern and patterns arent luck based, there's something wrong.

as for her, its hard to say. can you confirm she was working that day? some jobs are on call. you can always try to plan it for a night after work as well, but she might just not be interested.

taht doesn't mean you tell her to 'fuck off' it means you just go back to your own life
>>
>>17992781

I can't confirm she was at work but I usually plan our dates for later on at night anyway however she is on call then too.

Also, I know I shouldn't tell her to fuck off but I feel like she is avoiding me. Maybe I am looking too much into it?
>>
>>17992841

nope. she might be avoiding you. that doesn't mean you tell her to fuck off. she could be more straight forward, but she specifically is avoiding a 'fuck off' reaction she has gotten ebfore from rejecting someone
>>
>>17992848

Well what am I supposed to do then? Also, I asked her if she is still willing to go out with me and she said yes. Do women typically say yes to a person and then avoid them? I have no idea.

She also rarely texts me otherwise. I just don't get the "yes I want to go" and her then not going.
>>
>>17992855

>asked if she is still willing to go out with me and she said yes.

she might mean it. she might be lying. ive had both scenarios happen to me, and ive played both scenarios against others.

>do women typically say yes to a person and then avoid them?

typically enough. its common to say yes and just make it seem like its just too inconvenient to date and hope you 'take the hint' so they dont have to reject you.

>she also rarely texts me otherwise

by which do you mean she rarely texts you unless you initiate or she needs something from ya?

>well what am i supposed to do then?

whatever you want. you can try again and see what happens. or you can move on. just make suer you know your limit cuz girls like this can play you for ages.

my advice is to pick a night AFTER she has work that way she cant be called in after she was leaving. but she could jsut say 'OH I HAVE TO STAY LATE' but that would also basically give you your answer of 'not itnerested desu
>>
A drowning man does not care who throws him a rope.

>I have never had a girlfriend and this is probably the closest I have come to progressing and I am 26 so I don't want to give up on her. What can I do?

Look, dating isn't a computer game. You can't really say "This is the closest I've ever got to beating the boss, I can't give up now!". She's a human being for a start, she's not part of your "I have terrible luck with women" narrative, and notice one thing- that your forcing yourself into this situation.

>I have terrible luck with women.

'Luck' is a great way to say 'I haven't made any mistakes, it's all luck's fault!'

>I have limited resources to meet new ones.

You don't need resources to meet new women. The internet exists, you probably live in a town or city in a Western country.

>Fuck. I am super desperate and thirsty too.

You don't have to tell us that, it's evidence.

>Even though I don't show it in a extreme way, I am really desperate.

It doesn't matter whether you 'never show it' or you make efforts to show it. People pick up on this stuff, and if you believe this in yourself, it's in everything you do.

>My standards are basically "Don't be fat and don't be stupid."

Well, take a break and get more standards then. You don't know what the fuck you want, what do you expect? Desperation is making a fool of you, and unless you change this right now, after a few years you'll end up with someone that treats you really horribly, you'll enjoy the first few months but then it will turn sour- but it's that girlfriend you were so desperate for before! You'll not break up with her for years, she'll eventually leave you and you'll wind up bitter, you'll come to 4chan;

>I've got terrible luck with women
>I've only had one gf before and she was a bitch
>Honestly I'm so lonely and desperate
>>
>>17992892

shes not wrong... why would a girl want to date a guy who's only requirements are not fat or stupid?
>>
>>17992935

well what other standard could I possibly have that isn't super shallow or some shit?
>>
>>17992892

>Well, take a break and get more standards then. You don't know what the fuck you want, what do you expect? Desperation is making a fool of you, and unless you change this right now, after a few years you'll end up with someone that treats you really horribly, you'll enjoy the first few months but then it will turn sour- but it's that girlfriend you were so desperate for before! You'll not break up with her for years, she'll eventually leave you and you'll wind up bitter, you'll come to 4chan;

Not OP, but how the hell do I avoid this fate?
>>
>>17992764

Brad Pitt rule, duder. If you ask, the ball is in her court! Give her the chance to respond. Don't ask 3 times, because that'll scare her away and make you look clingy.

It's hard I know, when you're in a dry spell, to hold back and not look desperate.
>>
not op either here, have had multiple failed relationships here.

First only liked me because I was tall as shit, broke up with her after catching her on multiple occasions flirting with other guys. She begged for forgiveness, got none from me.

Second only liked me becuase I looked like the guy she actually wanted to be with, dumped me the moment he wasnt in a relationship, ended up a drug addict due to that crashing and burning. Went well otherwise.

Third went really well until she asked me for a few thousand dollars for a new car, called me selfish when I said no and did the whole "if you love me youd do it" spiel which I told her if she loved me she wouldnt try to manipulate me -- turned out she owed some people alot of money for who knows what despite having a job herself according to a friend of hers that is. Dumped her right there.

Also have about a fuckton of other failed first dates, all of which mostly stemming from me attempting to recover after the 3 failed relationships in hopes of something good happening. Am I being too harsh here?
>>
>>17992892
>Well, take a break and get more standards then. You don't know what the fuck you want, what do you expect? Desperation is making a fool of you, and unless you change this right now, after a few years you'll end up with someone that treats you really horribly, you'll enjoy the first few months but then it will turn sour- but it's that girlfriend you were so desperate for before! You'll not break up with her for years, she'll eventually leave you and you'll wind up bitter, you'll come to 4chan

This is literally my life. Four years wasted, and now I'm probably too old to meet someone who really loves me and wants to start a family.
>>
>>17993466
to clarify on number 2, the girl ended up an addict to a number of drugs
>>
File: J8kog2f.jpg (33KB, 841x642px) Image search: [Google]
J8kog2f.jpg
33KB, 841x642px
>>17992764

>Should I just stop trying?

See link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

> she always says "Okay, but I may get called into work" to which I respond "Okay thats fine." Its really not fine but I try to be understanding.

Cut that out and don't suppress yourself that much. When a girl ever gives you that sort of excuse you have no obligation to be understanding. Call it off.
Because thing is: even if in reality you're not you need to tell yourself: you're a busy person,your time is valuable. When a woman doesn't have an understanding of this she literally loses respect for you and thinks you're in a cage and are completely predictable which causes her to get bored and not all that enthusiastic to hang around you.

>>17992855
>She also rarely texts me otherwise
How frequently does she text you and what does she text you about exactly?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.