[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please give me some guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1477543012428.jpg (237KB, 1168x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477543012428.jpg
237KB, 1168x1024px
>be 4 year old me
>living in semi-rural area
>very good at school
>everyone told me I was very intelligent
>used to read books about the human body and dinosaurs for fun, used to be able to tell different music composers by just listening to them
>be 9 years old me
>move to the city, new school, start getting emotionaly unstable
>wasted tons of time playing video games, almost no friends
>10-13, new scholl, family gets really disfunctional, grades start to go down, spend most of my time alone
>14 - 17, most of my time goes by smoking weed and playing guitar, listening to music and going to parties I didnt really want to be in, making out with girls I didnt really like
>dont read anything except for what school forced me to read
>tried LSD, made me realize how much of an asshole I had been all my life
>18 - 19, hit rock bottom, diagnosed bipolar, depressed, start getting into literature and lifting because nothing else to do

What the fuck do? I feel like I lost myself
>>
pls respond
>>
>>17992819
;_;
>>
>>17992744
God, I know how that feels.
When I was in the middle of High School my mother found out that my father have been cheating on her for 3 months on end. Life at home became a living hell, we were out of money and my father had to work in a different city and just staied at home for the weekends and just to make matters worse my brother was away in Britain for one year and a half.
It fucking sucked for a long time, my grades started falling and at the end of high school I couldn't get into a good college (which my parents simply wouldn't accept because they have really high standards regarding education).
Ever since then my home life went for ups and downs, I've even became a NEET for 8 months and our income went down a lot,
Last year was one of the hardest, honestly, my mother has developted an mental obssessing disease and we moved to a completely different city (and that affected the prep studies I was making to be able to get into a good college).
Suddenly, though, this year things are getting better out of nowhere. I just got a 100% scholarship to my brother's university and I'm waiting for an answer from my prefered one. We are getting better financially and I even started working out.

TL;DR Things will get better, anon, as long as you wait for it. Have a clear goal on what you want and work to make it possible, even if it's a vague desire. Don't be afraid of surrounding yourself in that bubbly and somewhat stupid positivity. Honestly, with time it made things feel so much better for me. Also, /lit/ is full of bitter people with a superiority complex, please don't go there.
>>
You are not bi-polar, you haven't lost yourself.

You are just bored.
>>
>>17992869
>You are not bi-polar
Yes I'am I've been diagnosed by a professional and not just by some dude intenet who just "knows things"
Since I started taking lamotrigine I realized how it is to be on control of your mind and not the other way around
And I did lost myself, what was my passion for most of my life seems to be leaving me and who I thought I was turned up to be just an ill version of me
>>
1. Get a job
2. Get a car (unless public transportation is good
3. Move out

Being self autonomous will do wonders for your mental state
>>
File: Just-a-Hot-Air-Balloon.jpg (61KB, 513x640px) Image search: [Google]
Just-a-Hot-Air-Balloon.jpg
61KB, 513x640px
>>17992881

Also known as growing up.

Look, don't be sad because you lo longer enjoy the things of childhood. You need to find new interests and diversions, and to grow as a human being.
You haven't lost yourself. You're not even yet the person you will be for the majority of your life. You're a protoadult. That's neither good nor bad, but it's a difficult time, and being fucked up in the head makes it worse. Sorry man.

It's still doable, though. You need to go out into the world a bit, discover what you want. Scary shit, but worthwile, and hiding away from it just because you're a mental case won't help you at all. It's a hurdle.
>>
>>17992898
I'm not using my mental condition like an excuse for anything, I'm actually "fine" now
I feel like you dont understand what it is to have a real passion, there are grown up people with passions in their life, not just "interests and diversions"
You are mixing up stuff
>>
>>17992863
What do you want to major in? I'm not sure if I want to go to college beacuse anything that isnt STEM seems like a scam and the whole academia feels like a bunch of fake people smiling at each other because "maybe he/she will give a job someday"
It's fine, but I have never been able to "fake" (thats not really the right word) friendship
I like philosophy but I dont think I have the brains for it and even if I had them, the "intellectual academic" life seems like a really sad, bitter, lonely one.
1 year and a half ago, if you asked me what was the thing that I loved the most and would like to dedicate my life to I would have told you in a seccond that it was music
But since the stuff I went through last year, I feel like that part of me was ripped out of myself
>>
>>17992881

You're on drugs, you are not in control of anything. Get a second opinion from a psychologist about your bi-polar. Being depressed isn't the same as full-on mental disease. It's an easy excuse.
>>
>>17993019
I've been with 5 different psychologists and 3 psychiatrists, most of them wanted me to get take SSRI but I never did
I think you are confusing being sad with depression
You dont know what you are talking about
>>
>>17992962
Architecture.
My brother is from a STEM field and even he is having trouble finding a job so I just said fuck it I'm going to do something I like.
Eh, I'm sure there is some of that, but with the enviroment I think that's bound to happen. I also think you're looking at this with a really pessimistic eye, I mean, of course there will be a lot of bitter old people in there but there will also be people with very different background from across the whole country (depending on the university you go to' of course). There is certainly people in there doing it because they're geniuenily passionate about a subject, OP, you might even find actual friends doing it.
I think the whole experience in general is gratificating. My big brother grew so much and learned how to deal with so much shit just because of it, something I haven't seen my cousins (who only have a HE dregree) going through.
Try to rekindle with one of your old hobbies then. I just recently read Jurassic Park and it's surprisingly solid, maybe paleontology is your thing.
>>
>>17993054
> I also think you're looking at this with a really pessimistic eye, I mean, of course there will be a lot of bitter old people in there but there will also be people with very different background from across the whole country (depending on the university you go to' of course). There is certainly people in there doing it because they're geniuenily passionate about a subject, OP, you might even find actual friends doing it.
Yeah I think you are actually right, is hard for me to be not-pessimistic and I dont even realize when I'm being like that
Thanks for not being an asshole
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.