[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degree choices.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0561.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0561.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
About to finish Highschool and I've no clue what I want to do. I'm thinking of taking some time out to work, so I won't be leaving for college for 2 years or so.
I've got an iq of 117. I'm wondering what degrees are the best for finding jobs, not dildo arts degrees btw.
>>
>>17992721
Just undergraduate STEM is the best pay wise. If you want to make $$ go to med school.
But if you do something you don't like then you'll hate your life and it's not worth it.
>>
>>17992721
>I'm thinking of taking some time out to work

Smart man. Don't consider this a "gap year" either. Get a full time job, move out of your parents house, and support yourself for 2-3 years. I don't know what degree you should take, or if you should go to a technical school instead, but a few years in the real world will give you a better perspective.

I have long argued that we shouldn't even be giving student loans to anyone under 21. It would cut down on the number of kids taking stupid programs like gender studies and political science if they actually had some experience working and paying bills before going to school.
>>
>>17992721
What kind of work environment do you want to be in?

Office setting, or a more dirty/hands-on sort of thing?
>>
>>17992772
I should add: Would you like to own your own business one day, or just earn your paycheck and retire ASAP?

And where do you live?
>>
>>17992775
I love in Northern Ireland, but I want to get the fuck out of the UK. Maybe head to the US or Mailand Europe, like Switzerland.
I'm fine with doing both hands on and office work. If I work in an office or some similar environment I would like to learn a trade if I have the time. If I'm able to do such a thing I would be all for setting up a business like a carpentry bussines.
I sort of need to work in the real world more to see where I really want to go in life, but that's just how I feel right now after some work experience.
>>
>>17992725
>Just undergraduate STEM is the best pay wise
A bachelors degree in pure science or math can be just as useless as liberal arts tbqh.

If you're smart but not really passionate about anything and just want the shekels you should become a tax accountant.
>>
>>17992790
I don't know anything about the job market for it in Ireland, but you want to get your hands dirty, learn something, and have an opportunity to open your own shop one day, you might look into the Machinist's trade.
>>
File: 500-151-20[1].jpg (57KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
500-151-20[1].jpg
57KB, 1500x1500px
>>17992803
Work sexy machines

Make cool stuff (and lots of boring stuff)

Get into dick-measuring contests with your coworkers to see who can do the hardest thing.
>>
File: ENGINE_LATHE.16684457[1].jpg (171KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
ENGINE_LATHE.16684457[1].jpg
171KB, 1500x1125px
>>17992810
But most of all learn2CNC, because while I love manual machines that's where the job market's going.
>>
File: Okuma_LT15my_001[1].jpg (167KB, 1012x570px) Image search: [Google]
Okuma_LT15my_001[1].jpg
167KB, 1012x570px
>>17992813
How to troll the button-pusher assigned to run the machine you've programmed and set up:

Watch his routine, and when he starts watching something inside it closely, drop something heavy on the floor and laugh as he shits himself.
>>
>>17992818
Have a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYQ-NlWk3Gs
>>
>>17992828
Aaaand one that's a wee bit more informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3V42KwLTeE
>>
Soil and crop management. People need to eat, right? Business of the future. And you can do it anywhere in the world.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.