[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for living in the moment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I need help focusing on the present moment and not worrying about the future or past. I have pretty much gotten over not worrying about the past but I don't want to worry about the future, past or think about other things when I am experiencing the current moment. How do I stay in the moment better?
>>
In my opinion, living in the moment isn't ideal. Your past and plans for the future have to have some influence on your present. That way you can enjoy your present moments, in the future.

Set up your life so that you can enjoy moments. In my case, I work my ass off when I can so that I have the time and money to do the things I like. I suffer so that I can enjoy myself even more in the future. Whereas if I were to only enjoy myself in the moment, I wouldn't care about eating right and going to the gym, or maintaining my business. I would just be on the couch playing video games all day and rotting.
>>
>>17991860
I completley disagree.
I know where my future is headed though and the plans are in the works. I just focus too much on the future even though my future is secured. I can never enjoy the present moment even though it is wonderful right now.
>>
>>17991882

I apologize, I assumed you were a depressed virgin who plays video games all day. And you were looking for a way to enjoy yourself while being shitty.

What are you hobbies? If you don't have one yet, pick up a physical hobby. Something like rock climbing, skiing. Those are the ones I do at least. When I'm skiing, I'm not thinking about anything else. I'm overjoyed with being outside and shredding. It's just so therapeutic. It helps that my phone stays at the cottage when I'm on the hill so I can't see any emails or anything like that. So maybe that's your problem. Is it possible that you don't shut off completely when you're doing something you enjoy?
>>
>>17991909
Yeah I pretty much shut off completely when I'm doing something I enjoy. But more often than not when I am doing something I enjoy I think about how this moment is never going to happen again and I get sentimental/ a little sad. So basically when I think that way my mind wanders off and goes to other places when I could be fully experiencing the moment.
>>
>>17991965

Maybe it's just me but I actually kind of like that feeling that you're enjoying something so much that you don't want it to end. Like when the vibe somewhere is incredible. Maybe the room you're in is filled with other people as passionate about something as you are. Find out where these people hang out and make sure you spend more time with them. So that when you're getting that feeling, you won't be thinking about it ending, but you'll instead be thinking about the next time you're in the same situation
>>
Buddhism
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.