[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Dad just died. What do I do now? >inb4 kill yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1479797859438.jpg (275KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1479797859438.jpg
275KB, 1000x1333px
My Dad just died. What do I do now?
>inb4 kill yourself
>>
>>17991737

Not much you can do, is there? Grieve and comfort those who will miss him too. Talk to people about him and remember the good times. There's no trick to make the passing of a loved one easier, but time will help.
>>
>>17991749
This.
>>
My condolances, OP.
>>
>>17991737
Im OP. Youll always have us
>>
File: Wounded Cuirassier with a Girl.jpg (502KB, 1600x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Wounded Cuirassier with a Girl.jpg
502KB, 1600x1162px
>>17991737
What was he like?

Asking because mine killed himself when I was a year old, so I never knew him.

Did I miss out on anything?
>>
>>17991737
My dad was reslly an asshole to me so when he'll die I don't think I will feel sad at all, nor happy, just indifferent. However there was a man in my life that took my father's role, after him dying and crying my heart out I came to the conclusion that the best thing to do is remember him
Remember his advices, the way he educated you; and try to be a better man everyday using that. Surely he wasn't perfect and had faults too, but he probably teached you the best of him so you become a good man tomorrow. A man that doesn't abbandonate his children and that truly loves and cares for his family
>>
>>17992467
I'm not OP but I want to say I hate to say it but it'll be the same way with me about not caring when my dad dies.

It's such a damn shame. Growing up my dad gave everything for us. He took us to disney world twice. Funded a bunch of priceless childhood memories and contributed so much to my happiness growing up.

But in my teens I had rage episodes because I had an undiagnosed mental illness at the time. And that anger impacted my relationships with everyone in my family. And one day, tragically, my dad punched me in the face. Ever since he did this our relationship was completely over. We can't hold a conversation over anything now. Any time I ride with him it's an awkward silence even if we're driving for an hour.

And now, he's worked more than 7 years past when he was going to retire because I became a stupid neet for a very stupid but good reason you wouldn't believe if I told you. He has become so obese that it's disgusting to look at him anymore. He used to look like a model. Had an amazing face. Amazing body. It's such a fucking shame. You know what else is fucking sad? I told him I was worried he doesn't even have 5 to 7 more years to live with the way his health is right now. And he looked at me and honestly replied "I think you're right"

The relationship is totally dead. The father who gave me so much love and memories, lost to me forever. And he'll probably die 20 to 30 years earlier than he would have if he wasn't emotionally eating to cope with how horrible his life is having to work all day when he doesn't have the energy to work anymore.

It's so unbelievable that i'm completely numb and in denial probably just to keep myself from going fucking insane from accepting that this is my reality right now
>>
What a timely thread. My dad's birthday is on Friday... And it's likely to be his last. I believe he has less than a year left. Maybe 6 months if he's lucky. He's currently undergoing chemo and radiation for throat cancer... Combine that with advanced stages of alcoholism and it's not looking good

I haven't seen him in a few months, since before his treatments. I'm scared to visit him because I don't know what to expect.

I don't know how to feeeel
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.