[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regrets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I've recently had some time to think about my future goals and plans.

While doing that I took a look at my life so far in retrospect. All the choices I didn't do and how far ahead I could've been.
Knowing how I fucked up several years of my life, I lost all my motivation.

How do you deal with past regrets, with the feeling that it's too late to follow your dreams?
>>
Elaborate on the regrets.

I, for one, would try not to think about them at all, if they are THAT demoralizing.
>>
>>17991420
you can't do anything about the past at all, all you can do is work on your current goals.

That said, it's never too late to follow your dreams, unless you're dead or your dreams are married, i guess.
>>
>>17991423
I had a pretty good life, but I lost interest in everything I liked leading to my regress in about every aspect.
Went from a fit, smart and social person to a lazy, unsociable guy with no close friends who can barely pass university exams. Hell, the last time I was on a date was like 7 years ago.

I'm slowly getting away from the ''I don't care" attitude, but I missed so many chances already (studying abroad, continuing my hobbies, internships).

>>17991447
It's too late for some of them (see above), but I guess you can't do everything you ever wanted to, right?

Just writing this stuff really helped me to take a second look at my goals. I feel like I'm just scared of the amount of work that piled up over the years I did nothing. I'll just have to try harder now.
>>
Tell myself things like I would have done xy had I really wanted it or I just didn't have the foresight and resources at that time (so I couldn't possibly have done xy) until I believe it.
>>
File: 8eue.jpg (65KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
8eue.jpg
65KB, 633x758px
Don't look back or just take it as a challenge. You're still that person, but you won't be if you succeed. You're ready to redeem yourself, just be honest with yourself and understand that you can only go forward from here. You lost many opportunities in the past and you still will in the future, but not now. You will do everything in your power to move forward and be better than you were before. Better than you are now. The feelings of regrets are hard to take in, but if you don't swallow and learn from them now, you have the next 70 years to think about improving yourself or to actually do it. The choice is yours.
>>
>>17991502
all of those things are goals you can always pursue.
>>
Hakuna Mattata
>>
File: 1483724514138s.jpg (2KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1483724514138s.jpg
2KB, 125x115px
>>17991420
Life is like a book anon.
And each person's "book" is unique.
There are no good ones and no bad ones.
Because in the end, we are all spirits that live inside a physical body made of flesh and bones. This human existence is only temporary, there's a whole lot more that goes on after that.

So don't worry about regrets; every single human would act differently in the past if they could
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.