[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

How do I make friends? I have fairly poor social skills and have disconnected from pretty much my entire family. Both my mother and father no longer want to talk to me.

I'm going to graduate soon and don't have many friends from my college programs, mostly just other engineers I worked with on projects. Soon I'm going to have to just work full time, most of the time so the bit of spare time I have I'd like to form cultivating some relationships with others.

I don't even mind if it's stuff like volunteering or church services or whatever. Mostly I'd just like to meet friends. Obviously I'll make friends with co-workers and stuff but it's important to have an "outside of work" sphere I think. My main hobby is video games if it helps.

>hurr durr video games aren't a hobby

yes they are shut up.
>>
File: 1469774501449.jpg (135KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469774501449.jpg
135KB, 700x800px
bump
>>
File: 1483861729665.jpg (170KB, 540x765px)
1483861729665.jpg
170KB, 540x765px
one last bump
>>
>>17991324
What do you play? The way I did it was by attending tournaments often till friends juts kinda happened over time.
>>
>>17991324
Go to bar. See dude sitting alone. Suit next to dude. Wait a while for an awkward feeling to see if he wants to talk. Comment on something going on in your immediate area. Ask about their job and try to get to talking about something they do. Share stories yourself. If you have similar interests try get his number and try to get together and do something.
>>
File: zato and venom.jpg (312KB, 807x700px) Image search: [Google]
zato and venom.jpg
312KB, 807x700px
>>17991397
I like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters. Also kind of into Overwatch but overall I'm more of a fighting fan.

>>17991398
this sounds like more how to find a boyfriend but I appreciate it. I'd definitely like to just meet more people who has similar interests.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>17991401
You're litterly me. Go pick up Tekken 7 in June and check social media for groups in your city
>>
>>17991401
>this sounds like more how to find a boyfriend but I appreciate it. I'd definitely like to just meet more people who has similar interests.
Yeah don't knock the advice if you're having trouble. If you have weird interests that are not group activities there's really no other choice, other than spontaneously striking up conversation. Go to a local gaming store if you're into that.
>>
>>17991413
i'm not knocking the advice, i'm gay so i don't mind that kind of advice.

But yeah, I'll try what people have said here in terms of meeting people who are more into competitive gaming or just hanging out at local game stores.
>>
>>17991417
It'll be alittle uncomfortable at first because they will likely already be an established group and you'll be the outsider. Don't stop going unless they give you an obvious sigh of disliking your company. Don't forget to actually go find people. Honestly it's the most important part
>>
>>17991417
>>17991425

And good luck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.