[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I applied for a job got through initial interview. Today I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 1477516649987.jpg (194KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477516649987.jpg
194KB, 640x640px
So I applied for a job got through initial interview. Today I get a call saying I didn't get it due to a Facebook post from 2013. I am fucking pissed off to no end and I don't know what to do. Do I simply move on? Do I appeal? How do I stop the rage in my head from exposing power levels?
>>
>>17991301
disable facebook when you start job hunting
>>
>>17991308
I'll have to but it's too late at this point. Never had it bought up before at job interview and it was 4 years ago, itwasnt that bad an the comment was deleted. So I have no idea how it was even an excuse
>>
What was the post?
you wanting to KKK aand burn jews?
need more context on it
>>
>>17991323
So I am in NZ there was scan here being run by a bunch of Israelis called th deadsea cosmetics I something it was in my new feed on Facebook I wrote something like "They need to get those dol...shekels. Hand rubbing intensifies" along those lines, nothing too harsh. Someone complained about it to work from outside, I never found out who it was but I was basically told to delete it and my then contract manager said it isn't a big deal. I delete it and didn't think about it till today when it as bought up as the reason for them passing me off.

I applied for a ministry job requiring vetting
>>
File: 1483808314388m.jpg (40KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483808314388m.jpg
40KB, 1024x1024px
>>17991330
Scam*
>>
>>17991330
You are an fucking idiot. This kind of stuff should never be posted under your own name. Delete it and disable your facebook.
>>
>>17991330
if it had been deleted before you applied for this job, how did they find out about it?
>>
>>17991330
stupid goy. there's no room in this world for disgusting anti Semites.
>>
>>17991357
Prolly from his references from the old job. They mostly likely had a phone interview with his earlier boss and asked "Are there any specific events which you would believe prevent Mr. dumbshit to perform his duties lawfully?" Boss most likely answered: "Well yes, he is a fucking antisemite." "That'll be all, thank you!"
>>
File: 1481770889367.jpg (22KB, 399x334px) Image search: [Google]
1481770889367.jpg
22KB, 399x334px
>>17991357
That's something I don't understand either. I asked the guy and he said he doesn't know and that he was instructed by the vetting process guy. I reckon it's my old team leader but I am unsure.
>>
File: 1481136929304.jpg (23KB, 487x506px) Image search: [Google]
1481136929304.jpg
23KB, 487x506px
>>17991366
But dude the thing is I was still in contract at the old job when that happens. They have me a permanent position after 4 months
>>
>>17991375
Private sector evaluates things differently. I don't know which departement you applied to, but depending on that, this could be a PR nightmare for them if a reporter catches up that "They are hiring antisemites". Furthermore, how can they be sure that you won't spill the beans on something work relevant if you are already unable to contain your fringe(!) political opinions to yourself. Your old workplace most likely didn't care as much, but they thought otherwise.

I'd say that you can forget any chance that you are getting that job or a job at departement anytime soon. I hope you learned that you should hide your powerlevel and contain your autism.
>>
>>17991330
>Hand rubbing intensifies
lol
>>
>>17991301
Searching for a job since last year, with my real name on Fb. Not a single fuckin answer.
Since I use a complicated well thought pseudonym I get so much propositions I need to turn some down!
>>
>using racist 4chan memes under your own name
>surprised when this makes you unemployable
>>
>>17991330

Oh shit, I remember that; getting accosted in malls by salespeople for that stuff. That was a scam? o_O
>>
>>17991375
stop using that place as a reference immediately. It doesn't matter how well you perform if this is what they remember about you. Salient features are ALL that matter.
>>
>>17991330
As a person who is Jewish, I have no qualms about rejecting a candidate who is antisemetic.
If I am picking someone I have to work with, they better be someone willing to work with me.
>>
File: IMG_0664.jpg (31KB, 240x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.jpg
31KB, 240x317px
>>17991558
Poor wittle Jews.
>>
>>17991330
Wow, you're extremely stupid. This is what happens when you spend too much time on 4chan and lose touch with reality.

I'm glad you didn't get the job.
>>
>>17991760
3 years ago mate it isn't like it was yesterday. I don't even use Facebook anymore
>>
>>17991533

i rememebr seeing those stands at the mall back in fucking delaware.

how are they a scam tho?
>>
>>17991301
And thats because im not on fb, they sell your info anon.
>>
>>17992378
So I deactivate or delete the account?
>>
>>17992370
Just type in dead sea scam NZ there are a mumber of news articles.
>>
Yeah I think you should just move on. Probably best just to deactivate the account, at least until you find another job.
>>
>>17991301
Bullshit, they would tell you the reason they rejected you.

And if you're active enough they wouldn't scroll through four years of facebook posts
>>
>>17991301
Who are these fluid druigs?
>>
>>17992457
Literally said they were uncomfortable with my posts, which was deleted and my account was accessed and set to public for 24 hours and set back to private at 12pm according to facebook.
>>
>>17992485
Also I never set it to public, it was always on private since end of 2014. No one outside of my select firends can even see what I post. Someone set it to public and private. Feels like I am being targeted, this shit has me on edge.
>>
>>17991301
Did you have the right privacy settings? If their not your friend they can't see your posts.
>>
File: firefox.png (100KB, 1905x1015px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
100KB, 1905x1015px
>>17992434
yea I am gonna deactivate it, there has been unauthorised changes made on my facebook from the moment I was accepted for vetting.

I might have to take it to the inspector general for unlawful intrusion and breach of privacy but i guess they may just ignore it.

Either way I cant post on firefox anymore as pic related, I have to use shitty chrome now.
>>
File: bicyclekick.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bicyclekick.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>17992504
I did, it was >>17992485 i was changed externally and facebook alerted me 5 hours later. Some weird shit is going on man.
>>
>>17992520
>changed externally
Do they have access to your account?
That sounds fishy as fuck. Change your password.
>>
>>17991330
That brand is still around, it's not a "scam" but a currently existing and popularly conceived as a reputable company (though it is controversial).

Still though Jews and Jew lovers are everywhere, I'm not surprised they didn't hire you for that comment alone. I was not hired once for a job I was perfect for because they didn't like the font I used on my resume. Hiring managers are quite petty sometimes.
>>
>>17992642
What font was that, and they actually told you? Did you have to ask?
>>
>>17991366
As any employer you're only legally allowed to ask if said person is eligible for rehire. I've never had anyone say anything other than just "yes"
>>
>>17992520
You should opt to totally delete it. if they can access your account with enough privledge to read prior deleted posts, then they can re-activate your account.

whoever 'they' is
>>
File: confused godzillas.jpg (304KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
confused godzillas.jpg
304KB, 1280x974px
>>17992941
>>17992941
it was on private, I have deactivated it now. There were 4 attempted logons in the last 3 hours after deactivation all from CBD and I live out in the suburbs.

I am freaking out, why the fuck are they after me? I am nobody man, I just applied for a job, this is getting way too weird.
>>
>>17992925
False for Aus, probably also for NZ.
>>
>>17992907
Probably fucking Comic Sans
>>
>>17992925
If that's true, then employers break this law all…the…fucking…time. I have a friend from a previous job (who was my manager all but in name) as a reference and my new employer asked way more than, "would you hire them again."
>>
I'm a business owner. It's ok OP. Whatever you said wasn't nearly as insulting as being discarded as if you didn't matter over a very petty insignificant thing that didn't express your worth or potential as a person in any negative way that mattered.

This is why I hate interviews. The judgments they make about you to decide if you can be hired are short sighted and give no real clue on the potential they have there as a person to be working there. If you have the minimum amount of credentials to work there then you should get the job period. None of this "reading your personality to see if you'e a good fit" None of this "I can tell from how they answered 20 questions. They aren't fit to work here. Even though my questions gave them as much crucial information about them as a horoscope in the newspaper gave me about my luck in 20 years"

Seriously FUCK job interviews. That is one thing that needs a major overhaul and needs a major change. It is just stupid outdated tradition at this point.

And FUCK being fired too! Reasons for being fired are usually fucking shit! And you know something else? I can't even be myself on social media because my JOB might come and pull that "Oh i'm a total judgmental faggot and I think you're not the kind of person we want here based off your facebook" Bullshit like they were pulling with the OP. Firing should be a serious last resort measure and should not have any longstanding consequences on getting any job after that.

Although people agree that your facebook post was worth not getting the job for, I completely fucking disagree. I am a business owner and if you had the credentials I would hire the fuck out of you and accept you on my team.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.