[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The voices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Every single time I text my gf or she calls and we talk and things don't go the way I intended or she isn't in the mood I expected her to be, I start freaking it without any apparent reason and feel like I fucked up somehow and start apologizing for being stupid.

Then she says it's okay but the voices in my head keep telling me she's lying so I keep making excuses for my "behaviour" which is just in my head and it feels horrible.

Then comes the time when I start regretting having been so fucking stupid instead of just having talked to her like a normal person and I get afraid she's not going to want to talk to me because this obviously distracts her from her studying, and she's in the middle of finals atm.

How can I stop this, please? Thanks in advance.
>>
Either sit down with your girlfriend and tell her all of this in person and make sure she understands or hand over large sums of money to a therapist.

There is nothing we can say to make you stop thinking those thoughts.
>>
>>17991079
I understand you're unable o stop them, but do you have any idea as to why they happen or how to avoid them? Have you had any similar experience in the past?
>>
Help!
>>
>>17991070
You're paranoid.
I'm a little like you.

Well at least i used to be like you, but it got better, so if it got better for me, it can as well for you.
But i still get those "voices" that tell me something is wrong with my gf or she's lying to me or whatever.

It got better because i gained a lot of self-confidence, and i learned to trust more.

So you need to work on yourself, and to trust your girlfriend.
You need to realize that those paranoid thoughts don't come from a rational view of the situation, but they come from a paranoid part of your mind that wants to see bad things when there aren't, and that wants you to worry and feel bad.
You have to learn to ignore them, and to realize those thoughts aren't truth, they're just irrational bullshit some part of your mind tries to sneak up on you.

I had that not too long ago.
My gf and I were both virgins and we recently had sex for the first time.
After a few days i was thinking about it and this random idea popped up, which was that she seemed way too comfortable during our first time and that it MUST mean that she had previous sexual experiences before it. Even though i KNEW it wasn't the case the idea had crept up on me and i couldn't get rid of it. It started fading away because instead of trying to logically arguing against it, i decided to completely ignore the thought.
Thing is, trying to think back logically, rationally and objectively, she wasn't even comfortable that much at all. These paranoid thoughts distort reality to make you feel bad.

So my advice would be to ignore them, and see things in a logical, rational and objective way. Logically, would your gf lie to you ? Is there any reason for her to do so ? Is there any actual problems in your relationship ? You should also try to accept sometimes things don't go the way you want, and it's okay, and you shouldn't take it personally, because it isn't automatically against you.

Ultimately you can talk to her about it too
>>
>>17991070
>the voices in my head keep telling me she's lying
Can you elaborate on this a bit, are you having auditory hallucinations? Because if so that may be evidence of a psychiatric condition which can be treated by a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17991580
But talk about it not as confrontation, just explain her how you feel etc.

In my case i decided not to talk about it this time, because i know very well she's a virgin (we talked about it enough before), and i can't spend all my life seeking reassurance everytime some stupid thoughts pop up. If i ask her about it it'll only look like i don't trust her, she'll just tell me she's a virgin and i'll feel stupid for asking her.

It's important to realize the problem mainly comes from yourself, not from your girlfriend's behavior

Hope that helps !
Sorry for the long post, your post just hit home and i wanted to help out
>>
>>17991103

You've probably fucked up in the past and now you're overthinking everything you do because you're afraid you'll lose your gf.

Either start trusting that your gf isn't going to break up with you over some stupid mistake or stop giving a fuck whether she does or not.
>>
>>17991580
>>17991589
>>17991593
Thank you for the help. These posts were just what I was looking for, and you were both incredibly accurate in your assumptions of me. I'm going to try my best to work on my trust and to improve myself overall. Thanks again.
>>
>>17991612
I've been there mate, i hope it'll get better for you
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.