[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl wants to open up to me: update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: xk4zSoB.gif (2MB, 346x236px) Image search: [Google]
xk4zSoB.gif
2MB, 346x236px
So for those who saw my previous thread, she came over today. And pretty much went like I expected it to go.

We just made some small talk, I got her a beer and I myself finished off some of the vodka I had lying around. She never explicitly mentioned the thing she wanted to open up to me about, however we did eventually go into the discussion of relationships. I guess this is the most telling part of where we stand. We pretty much discussed how we view relationships and what we want from them. I mentioned our whole history and how I had basically stopped talking to her when she rejected me. She didnt want to look me in the eye when I brought it up, but eventually got her to accept that its a part of our past and that we were being mature about it.

I basically laid it out like this: I admit that I had feelings for her before, and when we saw each other again, they came back. I felt things were different, she was pretty clear that things were the same.I told her that my decision to stop talking to her when she first rejected me was a mistake. She disagreed and thought with the way I dealt with it was best for both of us.. She didnt blame me for it, she had a similar thing happen and she preferred the way I handled it.
>>
Anyways this led into a discussion about how we treat people we're interested in and how she feels too comfortable sometimes with opening up to guys, leading them to think there might be a connection when she's really treating them only as a friend. I tried to get her to tell me how she treated guys she was interested in compared to how she treated me but she wouldnt get too specific, we didnt have enough time to talk when we got to that point when my friend picked us up to go downtown. I felt the discussion went well, but not in the direction I wanted. I told her specifically that no matter how I felt, it was important that she was a friend I could talk to at anytime. As well as that she wasnt interested she was basically obligated to introduce me to her friends, she laughed at that. I mentioned that things change between people, I didnt want to force anything but I told her I cant really change the way I feel, but I thought it was important I didnt force something that wasnt there. I was surprised she agreed with me. She doesnt feel the way I do, or did, but she wasnt willing to outright reject me. I basically said from here we are friends, and if things change, they will, and if not, thats fine. She said she feels the same, that she doesnt see me that way now, but she recognizes im attractive and if things change, she'd tell me, and vice versa, I was ok with that.

I know how that sounds, but I really feel that way. In the meantime I made the decision to move on and not really focus on her as a romantic interest. My feelings are my feelings, but Ive made peace with them and Im glad we both have a better picture of where we stand.
>>
The rest of the night we hung out at a local bar doing trivia with a group of mutual friends. It was a good time, me and two other friends chilled at my place, riding out the drunkenness and listening to music. Its not the outcome I wanted, but it was expected. Even though we sort of cleared the air, I'm not totally convinced she sees me as only a friend, the way she looked at me and how she sought me out throughout the night wasnt necessarily friendly, but I'm not expecting anything, I'm going with my gut and simple moving on, keeping her their as a friend and nothing more. I admit I'm a bit disappointed, how could I not be? But I'm not going to repeat my mistake and shut her out of my life, I'll simply reap the benefits of our relationship and since weve become comfortable with talking about how we feel about one another, she'll tell me if she starts feeling any different.
>>
>>17990913
You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that anyone cares.
>>
>>17990982
This. OP if you aren't playing the field you are going about this game of hearts the wrong way.
>>
>>17990982
they did in the previous thread so eat a dick lol
>>
Dude, you had a very long conversation and she explicitly told you she wasn't interested in that way. You will NEVER get over her like his, over examining her every action and holding out for the chance she might change her mind.

You had the right idea before, just cut contact.
>>
>>17991380
god damn getting the point out of you is exhausting
>>
>>17991419
Nope, I made that mistake the first time, cutting contact wasnt a good idea when I realized all the benefits I lost. I dont know why the concept of having female friends is such anathema to the posters here and other places on the internet. Is it the fear that you'll turn into some "beta orbiter" pining over a girl you can never have? There's a way to be mature about it and fucking deal with your own feelings instead of shutting people out. Like I said, we both agreed cutting contact was the right choice at the time. But she was sad as well that we stopped seeing each other and I felt the same.

Having a women to talk to, someone you could come to for advice from a different perspective than guy friends, improve sociability with women, meet her friends and set up potential romantic interests are good things.

I'm not losing my soul over this girl. shes someone I'm attracted to yes, she doesnt see me that way, disappointed but not heartbroken, theres a difference. Its the outcome I expected from the start, I made it a point not to get my hopes up and it was the right decision.. Meanwhile I will keep playing the field and she will be useful for that, not a detriment.
>>
>>17991437
If you cant read three paragraphs of text you're retarded.
>>
>>17991441
Having female friends rarely works because women can get jealous, I had several which was all well and good while I was single. Second I got a girlfriend every one of them went psycho on her and me (she was not one of them)

I no longer have female friends and am fine with that
>>
>>17991532
I haven't ran into that issue, not saying it doesnt exist of course, just that I've never experienced it.

What exactly would happen, you'd get a girlfriend and they'd act how? Try to discourage you from seeing her? Talk shit about her? Try to get with you now that you're taken?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.