[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting no respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: a-milhouse-divided15.png (160KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
a-milhouse-divided15.png
160KB, 512x384px
I feel like most people at work, uni and my family think very little of me.

I'm the entire pack: socially anxious, shy, introvert. I've been to therapy before, but I'm always told that there's nothing seriously wrong with me and that instead of seeking medicine or treatment I should just "reach out" and overcome my fears. After 26 years this still hasn't happened, and I'm living in the most pathetic way possible.

At work and uni, people often ignore me instead of saying hi. People talk about me like I'm not there. There's always a tone of sarcasm when they address me. I'm pushed around often. I'm treated like second-class citizen. Even among the friends I make in these places, there's always mockery of me. They make plans in front of me without inviting me. Recently, one of them started a mock-fight with me as we were walking, knocked me on the ground in public and they just walked away laughing.

It even happens with stranges. I tend to get shit service from people. When I'm trying to walk past someone, they never ever move the fuck out of the way. I know it may seem like I'm exaggerating but trust me, I'm a very lucid guy as far as these things go, and I hang out with "regular" people so I can see how differently they're treated.

And I'm 100% sure that this is all the outcome of my general lack of balls and my social ineptitude. When people push me around, they know there will be no reaction from me, and frankly I don't know how to react. On paper it's easy to say "stand up for yourself", but the shy skinny kid who always seems like he lives in the fetal position can't just turn the game around whenever he wants. It's not like there's a beta/alpha switch I can turn on or off anytime.

So idk, what the fuck do I do? I'm thinking about gym/martial arts, to get big and maybe give me some confidence in my own hability to defend myself, but I need a broader approach. I need to evolve past this fucking stage of my life, mentally and spiritually as well.
>>
>>17990831

Start doing something that will give you confidence.
Start confronting people about not saying hi, although make sure its not just you they ignore. Like 'Is there a reason you ignored me in the hall'
Try the fake it you make it.
>>
Hey man just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I too am very much like you. Never really got invited to much while in school. If something was happening I was the last to know, if I found out at all.

The best advice I can give is to make more of an effort. I'm not saying that to be cruel. People like us are so often fogtten that it just feels useless to even try, but trust me it's not.

Find the friends that listen, care, and are kind. Cut everyone else out, you only have a finite amout of time on this Earth, best to spend it with genuine friends.

Then start finding things to do, go to a bar, play magic, DND, go on hikes just do what makes you both happy. And invite them to go. Soon they'll start inviting you to go do things too.

May I also suggest taking vitamin D, exercising, and drinking alkaline water to help with any anxiety or depression you might feel. That's what works best for me :)
>>
>>17990831
I relate to this post as far as being treated like dirt. However where we differ is that you're a pussy OP, if somebody knocked me to the ground I'd probably be confrontational. My advice to you is to start lifting and get confident, however I don't know what advice I can give you in regards to shaking off that 'pathetic guy' perception people have of you as I share that with you
>>
File: 1.jpg (29KB, 449x460px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29KB, 449x460px
>no respect
>>
start lifting and making money and people will have to respect you

you probably don't even respect yourself. start from there.
>>
File: 1477564792545.jpg (61KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1477564792545.jpg
61KB, 706x706px
>They make plans in front of me without inviting me
>>
they know you're a delinquent because of your body language and eye contact , however, to focus on fixing those things exclusively would be like putting a bandaid on an axe wound.

you need to respect yourself. instead of spending your days dicking around masturbating and paying on 4xhan, you should be working towards big goals, you should be working out and practicing your social skills and taking care of your health and diet and etc. once you can truly respect yourself then others will respect you in kind
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.