[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subconscious racism in relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1637.png (241KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1637.png
241KB, 630x354px
Went on a date with a girl I met at party.
I knew she wasn't white but didn't know what exactly.
Turns out she's Hispanic, Venezuelan to be specific.

Date went okay, could've been better, could've been worse.
My own nervousness was the issue but she said she'd like to see me again.

My problem is it's hard to see her as someone I'd have a long term, serious relationship with.
I've come to the conclusion that it's because of her race, I've only ever dated white women.

She's a nice, cute, smart girl but I still cant view her as a potential partner.

Is there anyway to get over this kind of prejudice?
>>
>>17990478
>Is there anyway to get over this kind of prejudice?

By facing it and not running from it and keeping yourself aware that your opinions are influenced by these beliefs and do not reflect the reality of her or your relationship.
>>
Nope. Move on to someone else
>>
well being black i was raised to see someones heart and not their face. i dont have advice for you. im just better than you, bye.
>>
>>17990478
Spend less time on /pol/
In my opinion Latinas, as a white male, are the best woman on earth
>>
>>17990514
No ones better than anyone, boy. We all shit and die.
>>
What's wrong with that op?
Some people just don't like interracial relationships, it has nothing to do with racism
>>
>>17990478
Well, I was raised in a multicultural area of one of the most multicultural cities in the place I live, so I like to think I wouldn't have prejudice. However, I would never ever date a Middle Eastern man or Indian man (the former for attitudes towards women and the later because they're just not attractive).

We've all got these prejudices. You just have to date within them- they're probably not going to change.
>>
Cuban guy here. Just leave her. Used to have an Icelandic gf, her mom didn't like the idea of her dating "those Spanish guys". Looking back, she did me a favor. I loved her, and had a ton of things in common with her (both artists, into the same kind of art, music, more even), but the lingering thought of her having more physical/biological chemistry with someone of her own appearance was always present, irrespective of her mothers commentary. I have never felt stronger feelings for anyone since. But it was for the best. She dumped me anyway, pff.

To be honest, I usually feel pretty strange when I see a white guy dating a hispanic girl, either tan with Indian features or even mediterranid in appearance, there are exceptions, but usually in association with further similarities (hair color, interests for exp). Of course I know nothing about what brought them together, but, upon physical observation alone, it feels like an artificial union. Like something forced or disingenuous.

I've even felt irritated by the thought at times. But I know that somehow they've managed to make it work. For better or for worse. So eventually the feeling fades.

It isn't racism really. I feel like it's a deeply ingrained inner truth. There is simply peace of mind in the thought of bilogical continuity, physical chemistry, fascilitating the expansion of family bonds through physical identity. Significant, or insificant as it may be.

The opposite only appears as a forced abandonment of idiosyncrasies in some ways, and an experiment in others. And yet, it is but one life...

I dunno that I'm capable of condemning it though, who am I to do so? I just know what I've felt. And surely someone would have felt this had I married my Icelandic ex, especially her mother.
>>
>>17990618
In my case though, I think I would have married her anyway, the Icelandic girl. But the reason I dodged a bullet was a whole 'nother.

I always wonder though.. ifI had run into threads like these had I been married to her.. how would I react? Would I change my facial expressions around her? Would she have noticed? Would I even give a damn? It may have just been a really shallow phase or hump in our relationship had such a thing transpired.
>>
>>17990478
Easy. Stop letting 4chan influence your real life, faggot
>>
>>17990478
You know, on second though, keep dating her. See what happens.
>>
>>17990478
You just have to keep up the relationship with her. The only way to overcome something like that is to keep interacting with her until you see her as her: not some member of whatever group you define her as.

Sooner or later if you have enough deep memories and experiences, it won't matter her race or class or whatever. She will just be her much you like will just be you
>>
>>17990760
Cuban guy here
should probably listen to this guy, I basically did a ton of mental gymnastics only to arrive at this opinion as well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.