[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding a Single Player game to distract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

I don't wanna post this on /v/ because its a shit fest over there, but I need to distract myself about a situation with a girl (big surprise lol) I want get a new single player game thats not super long but is story rich.
I don't like games like witcher that is a huge area to explore all these options, I want a decently straight forward game but has some side quest options. Just finshed FF15 so something kinda like that would be nice.
>>
>>17990421
What options do you have? The Dragon Quest series is great, but most are on DS.

Persona is great, but they're on old PS consoles or vita.

Have you tried some of the episodic games like Tell Tale's Walking Dead? They're story rich, but they're not RPGs.
>>
>>17990428
I have a PC, xbox one , and a 3ds
I was looking into the new dragon quest but I played the ps2 one as a kid and found it meh. I don't really like the tell tale games that much, not enough to buy them at least
>>
Kingdom Hearts (I like II better than I)

Any Legend of Zelda game (Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword are best)
>>
>>17990421
So I just looked up I am Setsuna, is that a good game? I really liked Chrono Trigger alot
>>
Tetris? This isn't a meme post. When I have shit on my mind or I'm having a shit day, I'll play Tetris and just zone out to it.
>>
>>17990435
Not a fan of Kingdom hearts, and I played all zelda games already :/
>>
>>17990442
yo i'd go in on some tetris right now lol
>>
Until dawn is cool.
>>
>>17990469
Already played it, i liked it alot but mainly because I was with friends. Thats not the kinda game i'd play alone. Horror suspense games are boring alone, I like to react with others.
>>
>>17990421
garrys mod is pretty straightforward. and it doesnt matter if you win because youll probably get kicked for somethign dumb.
>>
I played the dark souls series for the firsttime recently, loved it
>>
>>17990421
The Banner Saga is mostly story driven.

Pillars of Eternity is fantastic, if you like the old RPG style (it's new, but a bit of a throw back).
>>
>>17990421
If you want a rich storyline go with the Mass Effect Triogy.
>>
>>17990421
Tyranny is a great RPG
The new Deus Ex games
>>
>>17991171
>Trilogy
You mean pair. The starchild never happened.
>>
MMORPG'S are great for that as you can level with the character and theres loads of new gear/ quests you can do at any time also garys mod is great fordistraction.
>>
>>17990430
Trails in the Sky
Valkyria Chronicles
>>
>>17990421
The banner saga is a real favorite of mine in that criteria.

I felt this review was pretty fair, see if it looks like something you might enjoy.
https://youtu.be/DKqCIGuV9-Y
>>
Fallout new Vegas
A real time sucker game
Better stories than the 3 and 4
I never got so absorbed by any other vydia, maybe dying light ( which I recommand you too because of parkour mechanics but story is kind of bad )
>>
>>17990430
>Xbox One

If you're looking for that comfy console wireless sit back relax experience, I can none other than suggest the Dark Souls trilogy, all of which are playable in full on your Xbox One, for the ultimate comfy.

Dark Souls is relentless, well put together, and great to get immersed in easily.

Dark Souls II offers a similar experience, with some more streamlined features, including instant bonfire travel. It is also the only one that will be in 60 FPS.

Dark Souls III is the newest and most streamlined. It features an enormous amount of loading screens and terrible pacing. You'll find bonfires are frequent and not far in between. And they literally hold your hand the entire way through if you let them.

Either way, they're all good for a play through.
>>
>>17990421
I've skimmed through most of Obsidian and Larian's recent RPGs, couldn't finish any of them because I don't have much time for games and PoE or Tyranny doesn't have even remotely interesting enough story to guarantee the amount of time staring at the loadscreen and the combat system just lacks any intensity (and it takes up A LOT of time) Divinity Original Sin has better design but the story is so bad that I couldn't make it past act 1. Here are the 3 games that I did finish in the past 10 years:

Witcher 1
Witcher 2
Age of Decadence
All these three are fairly short and concise. However, for escapism I would recommend Witcher 2 and Age of Decadence, their styles and budget are vastly different, but the story would hit you very hard, they are dark and brutal and you might forget about reality, combat is very intense and fits the narrative. Witcher 1 is designed on an old engine, even though the game is excellent it'd be unlikely for a person unfamiliar with the novels to have enough incentive to sit through it, though when you do, the storyline is once again very thrilling (violence, philosophy, mystery, scifi).
>>
>>17990440
Read the reviews, heard it was awful.

I dug Bastion a lot back in the day. Good story, music, you can marathon it in 5 or 6 hours if you want to. Fire Emblems are always a good choice too.

Also, single player isn't the best way to get a girl our of your head. Best way to get over a girl is get under another. Barring that, social interaction. Barring that, multiplayer with persistent social interaction, MMO, clan based games. I drift away with Overwatch and a headset on.
>>
>>17990430
The World Ends With You or Chrono Trigger. You won't regret it, I promise.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.