[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haircuts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I've had the same person cutting my hair for the past 16 years (my mom, but she was a hairdresser so it's not totally weird). But she and I and I aren't talking anymore, and my hair is past the point of no return. I need it cut.

Should I just stick to some kind of chain, like a Supercuts, or is an actual salon worth it?

I've had the same cut as this pic with some slight length changes and maybe sweeping it to the side when it's longer for as long as I can remember. Should I go somewhere and ask them to change it? Is it worth $45+ for someone to pick whatever they think will look good on me?

I look awful right now.
>>
>>17990262

ive gone to salons and been dissappointed. i go to supercuts and like my girl there. really what matters most is that you find someone who can do good. sometimes it might take two tries cuz you need to understand your hair as well.

the thing about hair stylists is that they have no real way to prove worth. when people dont liek their haircut they leave dissapointed but never make a scene. some salons hire based on that persons look.

if your hair isnt complex than supercuts is fine, just bounce around til you find a person who does good. mine knows that i have thing hair and a bad hairline so she knows exactly how to cut it to look like neither of those are true.

the guy at the 50 dollar salon made it look like he cut the back of my hair using a bowl. i literally poitned this out to him after the fact how there was a sudden drop in the amount of hair i had and he said 'thats just the way your hair is'.

fucking enraging.
>>
>>17990262

Depends on how much of a shit you give about your hair.

If you just want to hack it down to size, go buy a set of clippers and do it yourself. Save a ton of money that way.

Failing that, yeah, just go to a cheap chain and have them trim it, assuming you can style it or whatever yourself.
>>
>>17990262
i'm in a similar situation, my haircutter since I was 10 just retired recently.

like i'm thinking I should just get two large mirrors and a set of tools to cut my own hair. I can always get it cut professionally (though I have not been satisfied the last few times) to clean it up should I mess up big.
>>
>>17990273

It's fucking insane how many barbers don't understand the concept of a fade.
>>
>>17990277

I definitely care about it a lot. I've got one spot that I'm paranoid is thinning, and my hair has always been one of my defining traits. I wanna maximize it while I still have it.

>>17990273

More like this.
>>
>>17990262
buy your own buzzer and cut your own hair
>>
>>17990262
Go to a barber, Jesus. Mine is 12 bucks and I cant complain. Granted my haircut is fairly simple but still.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.