[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have always thought that I was envious in nature, I envy a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1441683186291.jpg (43KB, 920x459px)
1441683186291.jpg
43KB, 920x459px
I have always thought that I was envious in nature, I envy a lot of people because of what they can easilty acquire but I never actually envied the things they got. I'm the most non-materialistic person I know and I really feel little or no pleasure at all when I get a new phone or new clothes, most of the times I just open the christmas gifts without feeling any emotion on what's inside.

I'm 22 years old and I have been working since I was 12 (yes, I am from a country in development) and I feel happy working and getting the things with my own effort. Recently I discovered that maybe it isn't envy what I felt on others when they their parents bought them new cars or stuff in general. I just don't like poeple who don't do anything in life and some of my friends don't study nor work and they have far more than I will get working in some time. I believe that the fact that they can get whatever they want without work is what makes me sick.

I know it has nothing to do with the item they get in concrete because I come to think of a friend who works a lot and has a middle-low class family just like I do. I came to think that if his familly suddenly won the lottery and gift him a car, I would be very very happy about that, so it's the fact that people that does nothing can get what they want with no effort at all that annoyis me.

I feel terrbile with this, I shouldn't care about what others can get, I know that if I would have grown in a similiar situation, I would have accepted the same they have so I don't know how to get over this feeling. Does anyone have any suggestions that may help me?
>>
>>17989761
You are feeling injustice because rich people get rich things without any effort
You worked hard for where you are and the idea that people get things better than what you have without working as hard as you hurts you

This is normal

There was this one guy. Named Carl or something
He wrote a whole book about that feeling
>>
>>17989801
OP here

But I don't feel the need of getting things the easy way, I can imagine my family suddenly becoming rich and giving me whatever I wish and I seriously can't think of anything new on my life because I really don't want anything new, I seriously feel I have everything I need.

I don't like unproductive people, just like some people can't stand gays, liberalists, etc. I can't stand passive people, even if they are not rich but I am ok with that because we all need to hate some group, don't we? What I hate the most are people who don't do anything and get whatever they want, I feel as if their families were indirectly educating others into believing it's ok to do nothing.
>>
>>17989847
Again that's normal.
You want everyone to suffer like you did

If you worked hard you should get something
If you didn't, you shouldn't get anything

This Carl guy said something about that
You may like what he said
>>
>>17989858
Op again.

I have a very marked line between productivity and work, according to me, you could work the whole day under terrible conditions to produce something, if on the other hand you are smart enough to find an easy way to produce more doing less and you get rich, it's perfect to me. I don't envy Pewdiepie eventhough I don't find him talented, I just think he found an easy way to get poplar and rich with few effort and I admire that.

I respect rich people that worked somehow to get where they are, even if they didn't work much, just like Zuckerberg did with Facebook, he's a millionare and just had to write some code, I respect these people because they prove productivty (even information is productive) will always be better than working a lot.

I don't wan't anyone to suffer. I just want them to earn the stuff they have and that not necessarily mean making lots of effort. It's their passiveness what grinds my gears.
>>
>>17989910
I'm going to be blunt because apparently you aren't picking this shit up

Read Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto"

It talks about exactly what you're feeling
>>
>>17989921
I'll see what can I get from that, thanks.
>>
File: 20081203_045red-flag-on-grey_w.jpg (284KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
20081203_045red-flag-on-grey_w.jpg
284KB, 1280x800px
>>17989801

I believe it was spelled Karl.

>>17989761

OP, how much do you like the color red?
>>
>>17989995
Actually I think "joke" was spelled "zhouk"
>>
>>17989995
Capitalism is fine, I just think there are some poeple who don't get it and the people enforcing lazyness are part of those who don't get it in my opinion.
>>
>>17989921
>>17989973
Carl had a silver spoon in his mouth though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.