[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My creativity is gone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I don't really know why, or when it started, but it seems like my creative juices have totally stopped dead.

At work, I'm sluggish and can barely think for myself. The decisions I make when I need to take action are harebrained and shortsighted. I always need someone to direct me.

At home, I've noticed that I've become increasingly worse at all of my hobbies. It's bizarre. Everything I used to do freely, with a natural interest in, and near-excel at with little challenge in doing so, I now struggle to maintain interest in, and absolutely do not perform like I used to. And I've developed no new hobbies; can't think of what to do.

This is affecting my ability to find effective solutions to things in my life, from grand scale to even the smallest things. And my passions, which I always lived for, are teetering out.

Most of the time I am just tired. My mind is blank. I'm turning 25 soon, never did drugs or smoking, and I barely ever drink. Anyone else go through this or know someone that did, and if so, did you or the other figure out what the problem was?
>>
>>17989724

a lot of people do. for different reasons. im going through it and everyone says jus to wait and take a break but its been almost a year and its not coming back, and they know very well its not just creative block, i had a literal brain stem injury that is affecting my life and they're all acting like its just some bump i nthe road when i cant even remember anything from yesterday let alone get my creativity wokring
>>
>>17989724
25 year old here in a similar situation. You sound like you have depression.
>>
Sounds like ennui.
You should try and do something new, or make some big change in your life.
Maybe something has been draining you mentally. Something that doesn't really interest you or that has become too repetitive, and in which you spend a lot of mental bandwidth.
I'm almost 26, and in a very similar position.
>>
>>17989724
Sounds like depression. Same shit happened to me when I got depressed. It was like my brain just stopped producing original thoughts.

The one thing that really helps is doing some sort of cardiovascular exercise. Actually, writing helps too because it gets the creative juices flowing again, but I find it too hard to do when depressed.
>>
You are not eating healthy and are not getting enough natural light on your skin (through a window doesn't count. Can you also inform me how you air your living spaces? (duration, how many windows open)
>>
sounds like you either need a stiff drink, an active hobby, or a new medium.

I used to be very bored w life, but then I started running. it's amazing how creative you can be when you're running or fresh off a run. also just recently I picked up writing simply because I know I'm bad at it. some days I absolutely hate it, andothers I can feel myself improving and it's great.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.