[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with a /pol/-leaning, introverted partner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1452296524284.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1452296524284.png
209KB, 510x346px
My boyfriend has been adopting, as of late, attitudes that are condescending towards me.

We have opposite lifestyles on a day to day basis. He seldom leaves his house as he works from home, and is quite introverted. I'm a university student and am an ambivert (leaning more towards extroversion) who has a pretty busy lifestyle. We've been long distance for some time and our relationship is based around long discussions that we regularly have every night.

Although I consider him a fair person, for the past year i've noticed him making increasingly distancing comments. These comments often boil down to "you can't understand my situation because you're a rich uni student" , he'll generalize other aspects of my life as well. When tell him that i'm feeling adverse to what he says, he's dismissive and basically says "It's ok if you don't relate to me i'm just glad that you're here to listen" He likes explaining things and while, up until recently, i found it very interesting, lately i've been reading it more as a "know-it-all" attitude especially when it comes to current politics. He gets really upset when i cut him off so I just patiently have to listen alll the way until he's done with his spiel to respond.

It's getting harder to deal with on my end because I want to accompany him so he feels less lonely but I feel like the more i try, the more distance he creates between us.
>>
>>17989622
Recently it's been even more challenging because of all that he has to say on Trump and his inauguration. I've been increasingly doubtful of the media so i'm having a harder time forming an opinion on any of it. This was my bad obviously but i snapped at him recently concerning how assuredly he was saying that Trump would be in office for 8 years and not 4. I said something like "What the hell makes you think you have this all knowing forsight to say these things". He blew up at me in a way i've rarely seen him do, and ended the call. I've barely spoken to him since sunday and he says he has a cold and mysteriously vanishes when I tell him i'm good to call.

It bothers me to talk in the self centered way i have in my OP and in this post but I'm really confused, and at a loss.
>>
Tell him you're with her and that he's not my president.
>>
File: b58f11db6a.gif (140KB, 379x440px)
b58f11db6a.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>17989679
Jesus christ, i have a feeling that this whole fucking topic is gonna get derailed because of that second post.

All joking aside I would REALLY R-E-A-L-L-Y appreciate it the following discussion doesn't take place around the election
>>
>>17989693
Trump - the first president to keep three promises in his entire presidency, let alone the first three days. Whether you like his policies or not is irrelevant. He is clearly a man of the people. And that counts for so much more than politicians who will say the things YOU agree with, and suck corporate dick behind closed doors.
>>
>>17989622
>>17989675
This guy sounds like an extremely obnoxious faggot. I have no doubt in my mind that telling him this >>17989679 even in blatant jest will make his fucking head explode in autistic fury.
>>
Sounds like you need a new man
Politics is just an excuse for him blowing up on you. If it wasn't politics, it would have been something else.
I know if my gf was politically opposite of me, id try to reasonably discuss and debate with her
>>
>>17989710
>>17989714
>>17989706

Maybe I didn't make this clear anough but, In this case it's less a problem of politics and more having to do with his change in attitude.

I really want to stress that in our (almost) 5 year long relationship i've found that our discussions have been very enriching and interesting overall. I'm trying to figure out what's going on with this change of his ? What does it mean for our future ?
>>
i think you should try talking to him more seriously about these concerns an gauge his reaction.
>>
>>17989732
Any chance to talk with him in person? If that will be a while I suggest you wait it out for now, see where it goes. If you are really together for so long it surprises me you still feel so insecure about your relationship after such a seemingly small fight. If you want to do anything calmly exolain to him how you feel about his behavior like you did in this thread. If he cant handle that immediatly it might not even be a problem but if he wont let this go eventually you'll have a problem.
>>
>>17989755
Ultimately i will most likely do that but I legitimately don't want to be selfish. If had issues with being inconsiderate before, so I''m really trying to put myself in his shoes first before my own.
>>
>>17989622
I would like some help too- my boyfriend is becoming anti semitic due to /pol/. I'm not a Jew, but I don't like it much.
>>
>>17989774
Idunno. What really helps me to be so tolerant is all the documentaries and detailed news coverage of foreign people that showed them to be just humam and no diffrent then us.
There are jews that are only interested in money and place it above all else. But you'll find people like that among every population as you'll find decent folk in every population. Some of our beliefs may be diffrent but that doesnt mean we fundamentally are. Try to get your bf tp see that. Uncle Iroh, a character from probably one of the best cartoons ever help teach me that as well. Amd even the Dalai Lama preacher that when we deal with others we do do so at the most basic level, from one human to another.
>>
>>17989766
Be calm about, dont push it and maybe get your message across in parts if neccecary for him to take it all in.
>>
>>17989774
Two things I have to add.
Keep.in mind that anti-militant zionist is nit the same as anti-jew. It might be your boyfriend can make the distinction between jewish people like you and me and those corrupting politics or other nefarious practises. (This does happen but shouldnt be blamed on all jews. In my country for instance some jewish people were getting wellfare they werent entitled to because the minister in charge had personally seen to that, and he is jewish. Also, when people hate on isreal they are threatened)
Second thing is that there is no such thing as a jewish people gentically really. Any group of jews in foreign countries has a lot more in common geneticaly with the locals then with other jews abroad. There was an extensive study done on this though I dont know the specifics by heart. Might find via google.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.