[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

This guy Tom Leykis forces people to pay for his podcast. I don't pay the subscription fee but I do record his podcasts daily and post edited versions (with commercails removed) of them to soundcloud and youtube for free. Im not making any money off this just think its a dick move to charge $20 a month or whatever to people. Now I have received threatening emails from several of his fans and Tom's attorney. Since I have removed all content. I did some research and found this old post from 2014 on Facebook of him saying that subscribers agree not to post content. I am not a subscriber and simply am recording his show from his website. Can I legally get away with putting these 26 shows I recorded back up and continue to record and post his show if I am not making any money off his content?
>>
>>17988641
Op here I forgot to add Tom only brodcasts his show of the current day for free on his site. The subscription is to gain access to his vast archives.
>>
>>17988641
>>17988645
You're an idiot. I don't know the podcast, but the guy is entitled to charge money for his product, and he's entitled to protect his business from theft/piracy. It's not a "dick move" to charge a subscription fee for his archives, it's a "dick move" for you to go out of your way to fuck this guy over for literally no reason.

Obviously you like the podcast and think it's worthwhile to listen to it, or else I really can't understand why you'd go to so much trouble to make it available to people.

Take down the library and stop being a Communist, it's fucking stupid
>>
>>17988662
He is a millionare he doesnt need anymore money what about the starving kids in chicago or detroit who kill each other? Why is he not volunteering to save them? Because they are black? He is a racist.
>>
>>17988672
>He is a millionare he doesnt need anymore money
It's not up to you to dictate who has enough money. If people want his product, they should pay for it. If they don't think it's worth the $20, then they don't have to listen.

>what about the starving kids in chicago or detroit who kill each other?
What about them?

>Why is he not volunteering to save them? Because they are black?
It's not his problem to solve, it's the leaders of the black communities in which this happens. Why aren't you volunteering to save the whales off the coast of Japan? Because they're not human? You're species-ist.
>>
>>17988690
...do you feel smart right now? Come on, man. It couldn't have been more obvious.
>>
>>17988690
Thats retarded logic this guy lives in LA and owns 2 houses including a ranch where he hires workers to tend his farm. He makes millions and poor black people are dying over air jordans in chicago.
>>
>>17988697
I'm bored.

>>17988703
>He makes millions and poor black people are dying over air jordans in chicago.
Demonstrate to me how that is his problem.
>>
File: CE9MTUyWoAAKSoB.jpg (26KB, 600x218px) Image search: [Google]
CE9MTUyWoAAKSoB.jpg
26KB, 600x218px
>>17988703
>Won't somebody PLEASE think of the murderers?!?
seriously though, on the off-chance you're not trolling, you are too stupid to breathe
>>
>>17988641
>This guy Tom Leykis forces people to pay for his podcast
Right off the bat, you're an idiot. He obviously doesn't FORCE anyone to do anything. He charges a subscription fee to people who WANT to listen to his podcast.
>>
>>17988733
If you want to listen to his old shows you must pay his fee that is forcing people
>>
>>17988721
Its his problem because he is rich and white not poor and black. He needs to understand how whites took advantage of blacks in the past which caused them to be in this position today. He needs to redistribute the wealth he has stolen.
>>
>>17988775
OK let's say there's a bakery in your neighborhood that makes really awesome cookies. Nobody's forcing your fat ass to eat cookies. But if you WANT one, they're $1.99 each.

Do you really not understand this concept?
>>
>>17988724
They arent murderers they are poor young black kids who have nothing because of slavery and jim crow and the republicans like donald trump
>>
>>17988782
Thats different radio and tv and internet is supposed to be free. Thats why people bum wifi and steal cable instead of paying for it themselves
>>
I'm a fan of his show but would never pay for the podcast do you have a link?
>>
>>17988777
He didn't do anything to anyone. How did he personally steal anyone's wealth? The only person doing any theft here is you.
>>
>>17988786

Supposed to be free? Where the fuck are you from?
>>
>>17988788
I took them down because im being threaten with lawsuit but there is another guy who posts really old shows from 2003 on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRTpJhDG4HCYj-qnSA5Img
>>
>>17988794
It doesn't matter what other people are doing. Are you a child?
>>
>>17988793
america

if network tv is free so should cable
internet should be free as well this isnt fucking china
>>
>>17988641

The guy is perfectly entitled to charge money for his product, just as he is right to protect his business from freeloaders such as you.

He's not forcing anyone you twat.
>>
>>17988641
no it's copyright infringement

what you are doing is blatantly illegal and i hope you lose the shirt off your back
>>
>>17988792
He is stealing because he is rich and poor people exist in the world that isnt fair he charges for the podcast to rub it in poor peoples faces how nice his houses are money is
>>
>>17988800
I don't think you understand how our planet operates. I hope you get sued and lose everything you own.
>>
>>17988797

You lack the basic understanding of how the world works. Or you're 15 years old. Both seem to apply here.
>>
There used to be a website called leykisonline dot com with literally every hour he did from late 90s to 2009 but it went down right when he started his internet show. Some one must have those shows somewhere. PS Tom doesn't own those, CBS does.
>>
>>17988786
I don't even know why I'm arguing with a retard, but network TV and radio are free WHILE THEY'RE AIRING LIVE. You already said he offers the most recent episode for free on his website.

The $20 fee is for his archive of older episodes. If you want a DVD set of a full season of television, or an album of music that you heard on the radio... they cost money.
>>
>>17988827
But how is it illegal to record the show live and upload it online for later viewing when Im not a subscriber, didnt sign an agreement and am not profiting off it anyway?
>>
>>17988853
Because that's his property
>>
>>17988853
It's piracy. It's no different than if you were uploading movies or music for free. It doesn't have to be a huge deal, but you got caught and you should just take the library down

It's fucking hilarious that you've convinced yourself that you're "Robin Hood" over this shit
>>
>Legally
No not really, but the chance of any serious repercussion is basically non-existent.
>>
I will send him ur post OP.
>>
>>17988861
Not if he gives it out free thats called being a native american giver
>>
>>17988869
cool make sure you share what he says you fucking racist faggot
>>
>>17988869

Maybe OP will become famous then
>>
>>17988872

What
>>
>>17988877
>racist
Nobody even knows what color you are, you ridiculous faggot. We're judging you by your words and your actions, and based on that, you're dogshit
>>
>>17988777
>Its his problem because he is rich and white not poor and black.
Nope. Still not his problem.

>He needs to understand how whites took advantage of blacks in the past which caused them to be in this position today.
Not his fault or his problem.

>He needs to redistribute the wealth he has stolen.
He does not.

>>17988784
>They arent murderers they are poor young black kids who have nothing because of slavery and jim crow and the republicans like donald trump
Everyone has a choice. If you want to get out of a bad situation, you work your ass off to the top instead of trying to take the easy way out. Leave your crime-riddled neighborhood, if need be, instead of blaming the white people around you.

>>17988800
>He is stealing because he is rich and poor people exist in the world that isnt fair
Some people are rich, some people aren't. It sucks for the poor people, but those in the west that want to rise up have that ability to. People choose to hold themselves back because it's easier to blame others than to take action. Demonstrate how he personally stole from these people.

>he charges for the podcast to rub it in poor peoples faces how nice his houses are money is
He charges money because he's offering a service. Few things in life are free.

>>17988853
>But how is it illegal to record the show live and upload it online for later viewing when Im not a subscriber, didnt sign an agreement and am not profiting off it anyway?
Not your property.
>>
>>17988853
That's potential profit that you're robbing him of.
>>
>>17988903
How is it his property when he gives it to the public? Thats like saying Led Zepplin owns Stairway To Heaven or Microsoft Owns Halo. The people own it. They only have the right to profit using it
>>
>>17988912
He is a millionare so he doesnt need to profit because thats unfair to poor people
>>
>>17988878
Im already famous my name is rags and I run a gaming channel on youtube
>>
>>17988917
It is illegal to make copies of those things and distribute them.
>>
>>17988917
>How is it his property when he gives it to the public?
He gives it to the public for a price, meaning it's not free after the live airing. See OP's initial complaint.

>>17988926
>He is a millionare so he doesnt need to profit because thats unfair to poor people
Poor people have bigger things to complain about. This podcast is not one of those things. If those poor people want money, they can offer their own services to rake in the cash.
>>
>>17988933
Unlikely.
>>
>>17988942
No you cant give it away free at the live airing and then change your mind and say you have to pay $20 bucks per month. That is fascism.
>>
>>17988947

I got thousands of subscribers you little faggot you aint got shit I donate all my ad money to black lives matter what do YOU do for poor people?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGLTvOqJOcbIwBtX0Rou2gw
>>
>>17988948
>No you cant give it away free at the live airing and then change your mind and say you have to pay $20 bucks per month
He didn't change his mind. He's allowing people to watch it live, then offering previous episode for a price. Copying the live airing to redistribute is stealing property and reducing his profit.

>That is fascism.
You don't understand fascism.
>>
>>17988950
Why are you trying so hard? Make it believable, please.
>>
>>17988957
Fascism = stealing your rights to free content
>>
>>17988964
That is not free content. It is owned property.
>>
>>17988967
Yes it is because he shared it with the world its like a women sharing her nudes then wanting guys to not share them. He should have asked up front for the cash in first place.
>>
File: 15363333376895.png (51KB, 183x148px) Image search: [Google]
15363333376895.png
51KB, 183x148px
>>17988974
>>
>>17988978
Link to her nudes?
>>
>>17988984
Lost hard
>>
>>17988990
He promised her nudes
>>
>>17988995
That'll be $20/month.
>>
>>17989005
They should be free because she shared them with the public asking to pay is fascism when she shared them free its like charging for water, air and land.
>>
File: 1471087262128.jpg (14KB, 512x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471087262128.jpg
14KB, 512x281px
>This thread
>>
>>17989038
I feel that way every time I'm on /adv/.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>17988641
>>
>>17988777
>whites took advantage of blacks
lol more like blacks took advantage of other blacks and sold those other blacks to the white people for the big bucks.
everyone takes advantage of everyone, its kill or be killed.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.