[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1485282876747.jpg (480KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1485282876747.jpg
480KB, 595x842px
I have a classic question about girls and would appreciate any input /adv/ (sorry it's kinda long)

So I'm a guy in college, have a few female friends. I kinda had a thing with one of them, but I realized we weren't perfect for each other. We have no hard feelings and are still good friends. But another of my female friends is perfect. She's definitely wife material, but we've never been anything more than friends.

However, the guys she's talked about are all Chad types. I think they are attainable for her (she's seriously gorgeous, smart, and nice) but she just doesn't think so (and hasn't really tried).
If I attempted to be more than friends with her, I don't want her to feel like she is settling for me. I mean the one or two specifically she's talked about, I can't compete looks wise.

>Looks don't matter, it's all about personality!

I just don't want to feel like I'm a second choice, being unwanted is probably the worst feeling in the world.

So my questions are:
1. Is there any way to tell if a good friend (of about a year) is interested in being more than just friends?
2. Is there any chance of this working out, given that I've already had a thing with one friend, and that she seems mostly interested in Chads?
>>
What one woman wants isn't necessarily what other women want. Lots of women want chads, lots don't.

However, if you've known this woman for a year and you haven't picked up on any signals that she's romantically interested in you, chances are slim of it working out. You may just have to look elsewhere.
>>
>>17988577

>Is there any way to tell if a good friend (of about a year) is interested in being more than just friends?

yes. by asking her out. any other hint, clue, or possibility will just make you question it even more becuase no matter how much a girl giggles at your jokes, plays with her hair, or grabs your arm, thats just what girls do.

> Is there any chance of this working out, given that I've already had a thing with one friend, and that she seems mostly interested in Chads?

depends. you refer to her as wife material... but you're in college. the chances of that working out, or really any relationship working out are slim. you're basically asking internet strangers to decide if this is the girl you could marry based on very little information.

could you date her? yes, if shes interested, you could date her. but we cant say whether or not you'll have an inferiority complex. i would imagine so though.
>>
>>17988603
>we cant say whether or not you'll have an inferiority complex
Yes, this

If you approach your situation from the starting premise that you must be less attractive than other people, you're going to feel unwanted, regardless of anyone else's actual feelings about you.
In order to properly enjoy an intimate, romantic relationship, you have to be able to love yourself.

So let me say: There are lots of women who are not attracted to you. This is true. You are not imagining it. Because women have different tastes, no two women will be looking for quite the same thing in a partner. However, I promise you that there are women who will be attracted to you more than to other guys, even guys who you think are more handsome or whatever. Because again, no two women are looking for exactly the same thing. If someone tells you she's attracted to you, try to believe them over your own self-doubt.
>>
>>17988617

this is true. a lot of guys get upset because they are more on the cute boyish nerd side, but there are plenty of girls who like that. maybe not 'stacies' per se, and not a majority, but i i love cute boyish boys. dont get me wrong muscles are nice, but i just love it when a guy is skinny.

>inb4 hamplanet
im only 120 pounds.

all this being said, make sure you play your league OP. uggos tend to get with uggos. nothing wrong with that.
>>
LIIIIIFT!
>>
>>17988617
Well any tips on being able to love oneself lol.
I don't know what it is, I'm just uncomfortable in my own skin is the best way to put it.
>>17988626
And it helps that I am tallish (6'1"), but again the guys she talks about have all been 6'3"+ I am somewhat muscular, definitely more so than the average guy. It's just the looks. At the best I've hooked up with or dated 7s, 8s so I assume I'm right below that range. Self confidence is a big issue with me I know.
>>17988629
I do. Used to be really skinny, I've put on 25 lbs muscle in about a year. Best decision ever.
>>
>>17988647

>two inches
>over 6 foot tall anyways

she either likes you for you or she doesn't, you arent missing anything the others have except maybe a pretty face.

just ask her out. nothing to lose.
>>
>>17988577
just try, man. please try.
>>
>>17988648
>>17988654
If she were just any girl I'd probably go for it. But she's one of my good friends. I don't want to make it weird if she's not into it. I gotta figure out if there's anything more before I try. I also have a serious fear of rejection.
>>
>>17988674

>i gotta frigure out if hteres anything more before i try

congratulations, you're a pussy who will have many years of waiting around for girls to make a move instead of taking 5 seconds to ask a girl on a date and being a man when she says no

damn
>>
>>17988680
Fine fuck it I'll ask her this weekend

In my defense I did ask her to my frat's formal dance which she accepted, as a friend though.
>>
>>17988689

she probably ISNT into you. but its worth losing a friend over imo otherwise you just keep raising the stakes. in your head.

when you say 'i wont ask her out unless she shows shes interested in me' what you're really saying is that you wont ask her out UNTIL she shows she sinterested in you. so a year down the line you're watching her pair off with 2 different men and still working up in your mind that it will happen like some sitcom character.

man up
>>
>>17988737
Well I wasn't planning on waiting a year, but trying to read the signs.
I've been friends with her for a while but haven't really considered trying to date until recently
>>
>>17988577
My sides. That fucking pic
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.