[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would an american gain citizenship in UK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 117.jpg (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
1MB, 1280x800px
/adv/ I have been speaking to this girl in America for two years and we've finally made the decision to marry and hope to get her citizenship here. I have attempted looking through the gov.uk guides and that but I'm so inept and the topic seems so fucking nebulous that I have no idea where to start so I literally need to see if any of you guys can help me..

Thanks
>>
>>17988489
Why don't you move to America. Was the revolutionary war for nothing? Why return to be a subject of the oppressive crown. Do not ask her to give away her freedom.
>>
in most countries getting married is all thats required to make them a legal resident. not sure about citizen like being able to vote and shit, but i imagine she'll be able to live and work there.

i could be wrong tho
>>
I don't know about U.K. But I moved to US from U.K. Through marriage. People make it out to be hard but there are ways around the lengthy stuff. Took me 6 months since starting the application to become a resident.
>>
>>17988530
Lel in America there is no freedom to take from her.

Pretty sure she has to live with a UK citizen in the UK for 3 years before she can apply for citizenship
>>
The 3 years sounds about right.5 if not married to a U.K. Citizen. Read this-method 2 talks about marriage and the q&a near the bottom has relevant answers. http://m.wikihow.com/Become-a-UK-Citizen
Congrats and good luck! :)
>>
OP here sorry guys,

Thanks so much people, i don't think there is a much red tape as I've been worrying myself with. I probably should have been clear on the fact I just simply want to be in the same country permanently, I understand citizenship is the right to vote and that.. But yeah what I meant was legal resident.

>>17988530
Also it's what 'she wants' and ofcourse it's not the 1800's anymore..
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.