[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House price negociation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 6544895_1.jpg (73KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
6544895_1.jpg
73KB, 720x480px
I've been looking to buy a house for the past few months. I've finally found a house I really like, with almost everything brand new. It is officially sold for 169000€, and honestly it's worth it and I'd buy it at that price. However, during the visits, the current owner seemed really open to negotiation and said things such as "after we negotiate and agree on a price [...]", so I guess he expects to sell it for less.

I want to make an offer, but how much should I say?
>>
Use a real estate site and find out what comparable homes have sold for. Use that as a baseline.
>>
Is there anything wrong with it that you can point out? When was it constructed? Is is or was it up to code? What it the neighborhood like? If the seller expect a negotiation you can possibly drop around 15% for your first bid, but back it up with a list of faults in the property. The building might be a lemon, The foundation may be cracked or there may be mold. If the seller wants to sell at any price there may be a reason for this. Hire a building inspector if you are not in the trade yourself.
>>
>>17988496
There isn't anything local that gives the prices the houses were sold for, but having visited a lot recently I'd say it's well worth its price in the 160-170k range.

>>17988522
>Is there anything wrong with it that you can point out?
I could be nitpicky (parking space a bit lacking, some rooms layout not as I'd like ideally, maybe a bit of work to do on ventilation or the waterproofing the walls in the basement), but nothing important.

>When was it constructed?

>Is is or was it up to code?
Yes, everything was just renovated for the sale (new roofs, new wall isolations, new facade, new electricity, ...) and has been inspected by law for both electricity and power requirements (evaluates needs and isolation). Maybe lacking ventilation for the very latest standards.

>What it the neighborhood like?
Seems to be quite nice. It's not one with a very good reputation overall, but it's the area I want to live with anyway.

>you can possibly drop around 15% for your first bid
Wouldn't I be of high risk that someone else would buy it first then? It seems a really good offer, and I've seen houses go in a few days.
>>
>>17988481
>How long has it been on the market?
>What are similar houses going for in that market?
>Are you/he using a real estate broker?
>Is the seller motivated to sell (e.g. they have already purchased another house?)
>Do you normally get houses inspected where you are?
>>
>>17988650
>How long has it been on the market?
10 days
>What are similar houses going for in that market?
As I said in previous post, I don't really know, but it seems that it's in that price range. I've seen much worse houses that were advertised for even more that are sold.
>Are you/he using a real estate broker?
No, he's a private investor who renovated and is selling himself.
>Is the seller motivated to sell (e.g. they have already purchased another house?)
He never lived in it, bought it 8 months ago, renewed it and is selling for profit. So he isn't in a hurry, but wants to sell new that work is over.
>Do you normally get houses inspected where you are?
Inspected by whom?
By law the electricity must be inspected, and an energy evaluation needs to be done (both were good). I also went there twice with knowledgeable friends who gave the green light.
>>
>>17988781
If I were the seller, having it on the market for just 10 days would not be a motivation to negotiate a price. But since he broached the subject, make him an offer for a little less. Just add in some expense (you want different paint, carpet, legal fees) to justify the reduced price. If he doesn't bite go full price since it sounds like market value
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.