[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is ugliness an inflated problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: because it happened.jpg (49KB, 474x382px) Image search: [Google]
because it happened.jpg
49KB, 474x382px
Most ugly people have no problem getting laid. We get less leeway to act up, and we get rejected more often, but I have never seen someone at a loss for an attractive partner just because of the way they look. Why is this? If people are superficial, and looks are so important, why does that ugly woman on the bus always have a decent looking husband and a few kids? Why can a gross looking guy usually marry a cute wife so long as he's a swell enough guy? Are we really as superficial as popular psychology tells us?
>>
Eh, there are plenty of nasty couples out there.

But, people worry too much about what other people think, so it probably is inflated.
>>
>>17988440

Yes and no.
Some people are, some people definitely are not.
>>
>>17988440

its a mixed bag.

your whole question about married with kids is flawed though. women don't age as well as men and they tend to become more gross after having kids. she puts on weight, and the stress of raising the kids affects her more than the man even if they both work. the man just worries less.

so you see a lot of attractive me nwith ugly wives simply becuase having multiple kids will ruin a woman.

as for the vice versa, you have to remember that looks arent everything. a girl may be hot but not worth a hot + successful man. so she'll settle for a reasonably okay looking man who has money and makes her look nice.

a lot of people will also overlook not looking perfect if they just get along wiht you in general. i left a really hot 10/10 ideal woman to be with someone i was embarassed to show my friends pictures of. she was attractive in her own weird way, sure. but most would call her unattractive and i thought she was beautiful.

at the end of hte day the world is not perfectly shallow or perfectly open minded. in life we go back and forth, finding people we connect with despite looks, and other times finding people we want only because of their looks. we change from day to day, month to month, year to year.

often times marriages happen simply because a woman got pregnant and they decided to 'make it work'.

theres no one rule that defines everything.
>>
>>17988440
>>17988458

you also gotta remember that most people are simply willing to settle within their league. look around and you'll notice that couples may have SOME disparity but both either have a baseline of attractiveness, or are in the same 'level'.

if you have a baseline of attractiveness not much else matters. you might nto be hte hottest guy but you dont need to be, if you are at the very least 'reasonably attractive' you can score just about anyone. you wont be drowning in pussy mind you, but a girl isnt going to say 'WOW I GOT HARD FEELINGS FOR YOU BUT THIS GUYS HOTTER SO WE CANT DATE!'
>>
>>17988467
>>17988458
right.

I think the part of our brains responsible for sexual attraction is separate from the part that can scrutinize appearance.
>>
>>17988440
It's about being social and your personality; you can be relatively attractive, yet still have no one attempt to even talk to you if you're blatantly closed in and give off an introverted vibe. People see this as you being restrictive and become hesitant towards initiating anything as they won't really be sure on how you'll react as compared to someone who is outwardly social and actually talks to people. I'm somewhat attractive I suppose and used to have some men confess to me that they always wanted to speak to me but I "intimated" them. Basically, appearance can indeed play as a factor to "hook" people towards you in the beginning, but your demeanor is the main thing of whether someone decides you're worth the time or not. I know people who are below average looking who've had tons of relationships, definitely much more than me, and I notice it's usually due to what I said before: personality and being social. A genuine smile, a kind "hello", and even strangers will feel a tad more at ease if they wanted to strike a conversation with you.
>>
>>17988440
it is inflated.
>>
>>17988458
Post a pic of the ugly girl you thought was beautiful i wanna see how ugly
>>
>>17988729

only pic i have of her is nude. she had a nice body which got better every time i saw her cuz she played volleyball.

but she was horribly subdamaged from living on a farm, and wore the stupidest shit and walked around like a velociraptor. the way she said 'hi christopher' was cringe worthy, one of the few times an accent shouldn't be endearing.

but it all made me smile
>>
>>17988765
post it
>>
>>17988778

nope
>>
Ugliness to a certain extent is subjective so there's that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.