[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the end of syllabus week, I noticed that this girl was in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: just be yourself.jpg (260KB, 1141x711px) Image search: [Google]
just be yourself.jpg
260KB, 1141x711px
At the end of syllabus week, I noticed that this girl was in two of the same classes as me, because she's cute and vocal. She noticed too, because at the end of the second class, she walked over to me and introduced herself.
>"Aren't you in philosophy of mind too?"
The whole thing lasted probably about a minute, and it wasn't a big deal. That said, I'd like to get to know her. Even if she's not even remotely interested in fuggin or even just becoming friends, it'd be nice to have a friendly acquaintance for homework assignments and stuff.

Do you think it'd come across as overly eager (or something to that effect) if I sat down next to her in class today and tried to be friendly? I'm not trying to have a conversation with her or anything, but just something like
>Hey Jess. What'd you think of the reading?
to get the ball rolling.

I'd appreciate any advice you guys can give me.
>please
>thank you
>>
>>17988312
That's fine op. It's normal to do that. Good luck
>>
>>17988312
>philosophy of mind
lol
>>
>>17988312
>Do you think it'd come across as overly eager
Don't listen to PUA bullshit that tells you that showing interest in a woman is somehow putting you at a disadvantage. Show an interest. Ask about the reading. That's a fine idea. She approached you first, she is clearly interested in, at the very least, getting to you know a bit better. So go from there.
>>
File: 1.jpg (43KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43KB, 500x294px
That sounds perfectly reasonable.

If you really wanna technician this shit to not seem overeager, put mild surprise on your face when you say it. That's a very faint smile with slightly raised eyebrows during a small "what's up" head motion. This makes literally anything you say seem spontaneous. If you can do this in the mirror and it looks natural to you, use it. If not, don't even try.
>>
>>17988338
Yeah I'd laugh too if I wasn't the one paying for it, lol. It's actually a pretty interesting subject though. I think everyone should read about it, but nobody should pay college tuition to do so.

>>17988337
>>17988349
>>17988351
Thanks everyone
>>
>>17988392
So you think that thinking about our mind in an academic environment is laughable, but not knowing how to ask a girl out is normal? kek
>>
>>17988392
never paid tuition fee past high school either, the thing about being a scholar is one tend to study what one likes instead of what's practical, so I moved from ECE to math, even so, the only meme course I took was philosophy of science.

>I think everyone should read about it
That sounds familiar. In academia, most people believe what they are doing is so very important.
>every civilized person should know about Lagrangian duality (it appears all over the places in classical physics!)
>every engineering problem is an optimization problem
(these are from S.Boyd)

In 2010, sir E.M.Stein said this in his class about what he would prefer for the direction of American education, and I wrote down roughly
>"Abstraction early and hard. Society isn't fucked over by people who can't perform computational aspects of elementary functions or apply the law of cosines. Society *is* fucked over by people who can't think for shit, and the rigorous argument style and reality of absolute knowledge endemic to pure maths would go a long way towards solving that. Who cares if some 40 year old salesman can't apply Fubini's theorem to solve physical problems. The experience of having proved it once in his youth will have made him a decent person (hopefully)"
And I was influenced a lot by Stein, not only because of he is one of the few masters from the previous century still alive, but because he is a real badass.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.