[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which employer should I pick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: job_choices.jpg (2MB, 1892x1587px) Image search: [Google]
job_choices.jpg
2MB, 1892x1587px
Just finished graduating university. Two job offers, both as data-analist.

Employer A: top 5 research organisation in my country
Pros:
-Located in home-town with family and friends
-Don't have to move
-Job is one-on-one match with what I studied for

Cons:
-Job market in this region is pure shit, thus have to move anyway in due time
-Job market for sector I studied for went to shit and will stay shit, constant struggle to land job
-Job is for one-two years, maximum
-I feel that I have been stuck in this town forever

Employer B: data-analist at ??? (umbrella Business Intelligence corp)
Pros:
-All-in deal
-minimum of two year job guarantee
-In a sector that only shows growth
-Learn new skills

Cons:
-Actual client/project is chosen after training period, so I do not know where I'll end up exactly (meet analist-starving clients on voluntary basis, see if there is a match; preferences are thus taken into account; migration to client after 1 year; possible pro in terms of coming across an interesting job, considering the big pool of clients in various sectors)
-Most likely have to move; maybe possible to end up in hometown I am told; possible pro if moving to the part of the country that has almost all of the jobs
-Additional training period of two months (unpaid, but covered by governmentbux)
-Learning stuff that sort of connects to my study, but sometimes not at all

Pay is comparable.

Which employer would you choose and why?
>>
Clearly B!

Several reasons:
- If the job market in the sector you studied is shit and will remain that way on top of your job being limited to only two years you will have to look for another sector anyways
- leaving your hometown can be a good away of growing as a person. Maybe you want to go back, maybe you realize that you have a better life elsewhere. If you don't try it out while you are "young" you never will because one day you have a SO there and maybe family etc.
- If sector B shows growth then it is clearly an amazing opportunity to specialize in it andmaybe become a leader
And a lot of others.

Never board a sinking ship! So stay away from A and chose B!
But I don't know what you studied and what your goals are so this is just how I would do it given the presented statements.
>>
>>17988191

Choose B, seems like they really like anal
>>
>>17988191

Yeah, B seems like the way to go. But I feel somewhat guilty to transfer to another sector straight out of the gate. Is there some way to get over that guilt?
>>
>>17988229

Simplest way to eliminate that guilt? - It's your own decision and your own choice. In the end the only person that has to live with whatever you choose to do, is you.

Going to a growing sector is never a bad thing, especially if the sector you studied in is shit. You don't owe it to anyone to stay.
>>
>>17988172
I'd go with A honestly. If they can guarantee you'll be there at least a year you can get your experience at a top company, save up money while living at home, and who knows they might keep you after all if you're good.
>>
>>17988252
>they might keep you after all if you're good.

Nope. In the research sector (at least in my country), most positions are only for the duration of the project or for a max of two years. There are simply too much researchers graduating each year and not enough jobs being created. The old farts occupy the stable jobs.
>>
>>17988252

I also have no intention of going home. Nor do I have the possibility, since my folks will be migrating soon to another city/country for retirement. So, in terms of saving money, it would be a relative small amount.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.