[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: manana.jpg (334KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
manana.jpg
334KB, 1080x1920px
I'm about to take the plunge and reg on Tinder because I seriously need to meet women, and it seems slightly less nerve-wracking than asking them in person if they're interested. Anything I should know first? Because I don't know the first thing about this app.
>>
>>17987907
Not how you pick up women retard.
Are you chad? Are you brad pity?
No then tinder will make you feel like shit.
>>
It's a numbers game, don't get too attached to any of your matches. Since it is a numbers game, if you find someone that you click with, ask them out before the conversation goes stale.

Best of luck!
>>
>>17987907
You probably won't have any success but at least trying is free
>>
Tinder is the "smash and pass" app, it's not for long time relationships or anything like that. If someone swipes yes, it's pretty much "we fuck now?" and that's it.
>>
Getting even more mixed feelings about this, but I guess it can't hurt to give it a shot. I've gotta start looking for a relationship somewhere, and this at least seems accessible. Dunno what I'll do if I get totally attached to a girl and she basically pumps and dumps me desu.

Thanks for replying, you guys.
>>
Tinder is for casual hookups, but than won't stop you from befriending the girls and building up new social circles if you want.

Just don't get attached to your matches. Matches are disposable, so don't be afraid of making a fool of yourself, learn your lesson and move on.
>>
>>17987907
Good fucking luck. Most of the bitches on Tinder are either ugly as fuck, toxic tumblrinas or Stacies just looking for "friends".

It just ended up making me a legit misogynist.
>>
>>17987907
1. make a good profile in which you smile, as long as you don't look super handsome

2. when writing first message, write their name +! (Sara!) and wait, most reply, some will copy what you do. get em to laugh before you proceed to actual conversation. (Sara! Anon! Sara, I fell like we are shouting. Haha)

It's a sales technique, get the customers attention through humor.

Ask them out as soon as possible. If she gives off the "want to get to know you first" vibe, take the conversation off tinder to some other chat/phone number
>>
How do you meet girls in real life?

No seriously, aside from meeting girls as friends of friends or tinder, I have no idea.
>>
Dont put up pics of you looking 'deep' 'flawed' or 'depressed'. You might be some or all of these things but it will scare off most average girls. Put up pics where you are dressed well and you have a look of 'fun' 'happy' 'goodtimes'.

Also dont write your life story and everything you like and dont like. Keep it leas than 4 sentences and leave LOTS to the imagination. They will want to know more or make up their own ideas about you which is a good thing.

Ive been using dating sites for over 10 years and Ive struggled to mediocre results to the point where it is just too easy.

Basically be a good looking dude thats happy that has a boring nornal personality. This will get you messages. This will get you laid.
>>
>>17988055
>this wil get you laid

it will, but probably wont get you more than that. same with girls, you want to bang the hotties for awhile but if theres no drama, no problems or issues or crazy she wont be interesting enough for more
>>
>>17987907
This guy has it right and sums up the entirety of tinder.. I like to see him as if /r9k/ got a tinder..
>>
>>17988076
I'd like to see if he got any matches
>>
>>17988076
same applies to guys

and believe me for ugly girls tinder is hell on earth, at least girls usually dont make fun of you
>>
>>17988131
So long as you aren't super fat you can get pretty easy cock from tinder friend.
>>
>>17988076

I don't understand why people get so salty about Tinder, surely it's superficial, that's the whole point.
>>
>>17988093
probably aye , I have seen some brutal bios and they actually fucking work..
>>
>>17988224
No one looks at the damn bios, god knows I don't.

Protip: people won't even click on your profile unless they like the first pic
>>
I got nothing out of Tinder, then I tried OK cupid which is only a bit better, got laid a bit. Most of the girls were weird and neurotic and I met them only once.

Eventually met my current girlfriend who's a decent looking asian with a sweet practical non-crazy personality, cooking skills, and a tight pussy that loves dick. Took 4 months of random shitty dating to get there but I'm happy I did it.

As someone else said, ask them out before things get stale. My method was to shoot out messages saying something goofy, you'll get some responses, banter a bit and if conversation is working get her number. (If she's just there for attention, at this point she'll probably ghost you.) Switch to texting (ie leave the app), propose a date not long after. From first contact to setting up a first date shouldn't take more than a couple days. These girls get a lot of attention so you shouldn't dawdle if you've got her attention. And being proactive generally seems to work well. The women probably won't make an effort, so you get the number, you propose the specific date, etc. Be decisive and go for it, there's nothing really to lose.

Beyond that, now it's dating just like real life. Go out and see what clicks.
>>
>>17988245

This.
I met my girlfriend on Tinder, although I had to sift through a lot of shitty dates, messy hook ups and crazy personalities.

Truth be told I am glad I did it though, because

A) Obviously if I hadn't I would not have met my girlfriend
B) I became more aware of what qualities I actually value in regards to women and not just what I thought I wanted to want. If that makes any sense.
>>
File: IMG_7912.jpg (75KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7912.jpg
75KB, 540x960px
>>17988076

I prefer this one
>>
>>17988245
>>17988260

Are you chads?

I ask to know if i have my chances even if i'm not super attractive.

I just arrived in a new little town and i don't know anybody. Should i try okcupid?
>>
>>17988478
Bro tinder is for non-chads. Chads don't need tinder. If they do, they're not chads
>>
>>17988484
Tinder is still the best place for a chad because he can pick his pussy from the comfort of his home with no effort.
>>
>>17988484
That's true but also not true considering the fact that most of the successful guys on tinder are chads
>>
>>17988478
>Are you chads?

Nope. I'm a reasonable looking average sized guy who lives a sedentary grad student lifestyle. Not rich. But I try to dress cleanly and I've got gab. The latter counts for a lot.

Small town sounds really hard. I think the strength of online dating comes when there's waves of people to throw words at. I'm in a big college town, so there's tons of people.

Also, as a white guy I've found that dating asians is way easier. I cast a wide net and I mostly get asian girls back. If yellow fever is real, so is white fever. Maybe cynical to phrase it like this, but practical.
>>
>>17988511
>I've got gab

What does that mean ? Sorry i'm not a native speaker.

I see, thanks, i think i'll give it a try.
>>
>>17988497
>>17988498

False statements. I'm not a chad, and I'm succesful in tinder. I'm not even a smooth talker

Girls don't go there looking for top models, they're just looking for a quick hookup with a hard dick and a passable guy attached to it
>>
>>17988526
That reply doesn't relate to the posts you quoted, not sure what you are trying to meme here.
>>
>>17988521
Good at talking and banter.
>>
>>17988533
>lrn2read
>>
>>17988546
I would recommend that for you if you think your post makes any sense.
>>
>>17988526
Quick question. Do the bitches who say they're not looking for hookups really actually do want hookups or what?
>>
>>17988565
Yes, it's just a line to thin the crowd
>>
>>17988526
Question for you: I've banged every girl I've met off tinder, except for the ones I willingly turned down for sex based of personal reasons, but I have a question for you. What is your success in getting them to meet? That's my issue. I am reasonably attractive in the face and very attractive in the body. I workout religiously.

I feel like I am funny and witty through tinder, but you can only show so much of that through text. Most girls I date tell me I am very funny, but randomly on tinder they just go silent. That's how it usually ends.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 139x157px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 139x157px
>>17988550
Dude wat

His post totally makes sense for who he quoted. What the fug is wrong wit you boi
>>
Can any of yous give me some examples of conversations that got you laid? I've gotten 40 or so matches on Tinder, met with two and got laid with neither just because we didn't click.
>>
>>17988608
>Bro tinder is for non-chads. Chads don't need tinder. If they do, they're not chads
>Just because you don't need something doesn't make it the best place anyway
>False because I'm not a chad, and I'm successful in tinder. I'm not even a smooth talker

Hint one of these doesn't follow basic logic.
And because you wouldn't get it ill give the answer. Just because you have success in tinder doesn't make the previous statements false because neither of them claimed that you can't have success if you aren't a chad.
>>
>>17988616
Think of it this way: every time you meet a girl, you talk her OUT of fucking you. You aren't talking her into it, she already wants it, or she wouldn't be having a personal conversation with you. So what are you saying (or not saying) that makes her think "I don't want this mans dick to cum inside me".
>>
>>17988688
Yeah, that's the thing, I rarely ever get past hello, how's life, etc.

I don't understand what bitches are into, so often when I speak to them it feels like I'm talking to a plant.
>>
>>17988478

No. I have never been a Chad and I don’t really feel the need to be.

I’m a fairly average guy currently writing my master thesis. I work at a consultancy firm and I do go to the gym, but that is only to get rid of the excess energy that coffee gives me.
If you’re decent looking and know how to have a proper conversation, Tinder is quite manageable. I would usually set up dates during mon-thurs. If I was looking for a quick hook-up, I’d just reach out to a match during Friday/Saturday. I am happy that I did meet my girlfriend though, Tinder does make you cynical the more you use it. Oh yeah, there will be shitty and fumbly hook-ups and awkward dates. But that’s part of the experience, have fun OP!
>>
>>17988618

this
>>
I've tried a few dating sites/apps with varying levels of success:

OKCupid: met up with the first girl I ever messaged, didn't get past the first date. A few replies from other girls but not even a phone number

POF: Barely any responses to my messages. No idea what's up with that site but others seem to have reasonable success

Match: Not enough girls. A few decent convos but no meetups. Shit site to actually use, plus its not free

Tinder: Lots of convos of various lengths, several phone numbers, met up with 5 girls so far with the potential for a few others. First girl we got to 2nd date and made out but then she said she wasn't interested. Second girl was way out of my league but we had sex twice after one date. Third girl was great but I chickened out and didn't make a move. Fourth girl asked me out but zero chemistry. Fifth girl I'm seeing for our 2nd date tomorrow.

The percentage of girls I match with is pretty crap but at least if you match there's a good chance she finds you attractive. The problem with all the other sites is that you can spend hours crafting the perfect message but if she reads it and doesn't find you hot then she won't bother replying. Tinder gets past that and only lets you message if there's mutual attraction. Of course many, or most, girls still won't reply but the reply rate is way better than any other site.

I also don't see many girls there wanting just to hookup. It's seen as a legit dating app now. Sure, many might put out early on but I reckon a surprising number are looking for their future husband.

TLdr: Tinder is OK sometimes. Though it still has a reputation.
>>
>>17988838
Sounds like a chad or at least near chad to be honest
>>
Oh and also IMO the best dates have been the ones with the least amount of communication beforehand.

Talk to a girl online for weeks and then meet up; what do you have left to talk about?

Talk for one night and meet up the next day: Loads to talk about, everything is new and interesting and you can make a proper discussion out of each question. Problem is girls need to be careful who they meet up with and for them this translates to 'be pen pals for a year before meeting'.
>>
>>17989071

How so? I never really understood what a chad is, I just visit this board from time to time.
>>
>>17989123
Chad is the perfect guy. Successful, talented, beautiful, attractive, nice and so lovable you even feel guilty of envying him.
>>
>>17989659

I always thought Chad is a person with a douche vibe. I wouldn't say that those traits apply to me, although most people try to appear as if they do.. Which is something I'm prolly guilty of doing as well. Thanks for the info though! I've always wondered who the fuck Chad was.
>>
>>17988478
>>17988484
>>17988497
>>17989071
>>17989659

Chad doesn't exist.

Chad is a dumb R9K construct. You're either a well adjusted member of society, or a dunderfuck who calls those who aren't social inept "Chad".
>>
>>17990249

Dunderfucks don't exist, it's a dumb reddit construct.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.