[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volunteering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 8489627_orig.jpg (90KB, 807x750px) Image search: [Google]
8489627_orig.jpg
90KB, 807x750px
I'm a useless NEET at the moment (ie between jobs) so I want to use my time to volunteer. Any suggestions on what sort of organization I should apply to volunteer at?

I applied to a local shelter for runaway kids but I haven't heard anything from them.

I'm a programmer and I can tutor computer use, programming, and web dev. Bonus points if you can find something where those skills would be useful.
>>
Teach program class at college/library maybe? Be a substitute computer teacher?
>>
>>17987808
Your local animal shelter probably could use some help. Best part is you can see the immediate effect of the good things you are doing.
>>
>>17987882
Good ideas, I'll consider those.

>>17987891
This might seem selfish but I don't really wanna see all the doggos I'm working with slowly disappear as they get put down. I don't think there are any no-kill shelters in the area. Also I've got a rescue dog of my own to take care of so I feel like I'm doing my part in that regard.
>>
>>17987997
You have to go in person and try talking to them..
I'm in the same situation, lacking the skills though and confidence.
Let me ask you something is it difficult learning some programming skills?
>>
volunteering is mostly a circlejerk. you can't just participate. you need connections. sad but true. they usually don't need or want your help.
better keep your eye open to help people around you. maybe that old lady upstairs would be happy if you helped her carry up the groceries or get them for her? maybe your grandma need someone to fix her faucet? maybe your mom needs help with her pc? do that instead.
in our family, we all help each other out as good as possible. everybody brings in his skills and we sometimes put in great effort to help someone out. my brother for example: he fixed my car. it would have cost me about 3000 bucks to let it get fixed. i cut his hair every 3 weeks in return. and so on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.