[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 758432075843.jpg (98KB, 960x928px) Image search: [Google]
758432075843.jpg
98KB, 960x928px
Let me get right down to the facts. I've been in a relationship for coming on 5 years and I am feeling very restless. I'm divided on staying with this girl for the long haul, or dropping out now and moving on.

Cons:
>She doesn't really get along with my friends, and is very forced with my family.
>For two years she moved about 7 driving hours away to LA to get a masters degree. This made me feel pretty shitty.
>Lives 2 hours away right now, is being non-committal about moving to where I am
>I don't want to leave behind all my friends and family to move where she is
>Isn't really interested in my hobbies

Pros:
>We have a lot of trust built up
>She is fairly pretty
>She is smart
>Tries to please me sexually, but isnt very sexual or good in bed

I'm so divided on this issue. I feel like if I were to leave her, I might as well walk up and hack her arm off. The thought of hurting her and then throwing her to the wolves gives me a feeling of dread and horror in the pit of my stomach,

But I feel myself longing for something new. I made a fake ok cupid just so I could see what was out there and have that feeling of newness.

fuk do i do?
>>
>>17987680

This feeling won't go away so I would say just rip the band-aid off. Some of your pro's just sound like cons.

Since you've nearly been together for 5 years I would talk to her about your concerns first, maybe there is a compromise where you don't need to break up, but if absolutely nothing will stop you feeling this way then you will have to let her know.
>>
>>17987691
Yeah you're right, I do need to talk to her first. Just dropping her out of nowhere would be cruel. But... I dread the idea of her putting up a concerted effort to change the things I have a problem with. I know that sounds like (and is) an insanely entitled and shitty thing to say. But I also feel there are certain things, like her not really getting along with my friends/family that will never resolve. And I just don't want to live the rest of my life with that burden. My friends/family are super important to me. And if I tell her my concerns and she earnestly tries to address them, it will most likely just add another year or so onto the relationship until that fades away and then things will be even harder.
>>
If both of you don't really want to move into together, it kinda over anyways
Plus you sound like a ass, let her find someone more deserving!
>>
>>17987738
I am kind of an ass, but I treat her really well. I guess there is some egotism in thinking that if i leave her, she wont be able to find anything better. Maybe I need to think more about that and get my self perception in check.

Maybe I'm too immature to accept love without letting it go to my head.
>>
>>17987706

that's what I mean just tell her there are things that she cannot change and you don't feel you are compatible together any more. You sound like you desperately do not want to hold onto this any longer so just tell her how it is, she might put up a fight and cry but she will come around when you force space between you. Tell her there is someone more suited to her out there and vice versa.
>>
>>17987745

If you leave her don't go back, she might meet another dude pretty quickly as girls tend to do and its a lot harder for us males to do the same, so don't be a douchebag and try to weasel back when you start feeling jealous. Better yet when you dump her just block her from all social media so you won't know.
>>
>>17987800
I would be so fucking relieved if she found another guy who treated her well. And I wouldn't want to just drop contact, making sure she is emotionally healthy and doing ok is important. Once it happens I will probably feel different, but my fear right now is having her live a life of loneliness and sit around wondering what she did wrong. All thanks to my selfishness and restlessness.

>>17987795
Thanks, I can see things a bit more clearly now. I just feel that I am desperately lacking perspective on the issue. Whether I come out of this relieved and happy, or miserable and regretful feels like a coin-flip.
>>
>>17987824
She has a pussy correct?
She will replace you after a week.
If shes a dumb cunt? 3.5 days.
>>
>>17987745

Don't worry man, if she's in LA, she'll probably meet movie stars, rich guys, and hot actor dudes. She'll definitely meet somebody better in no time at all lol
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.