[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find will to study?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: sheeet.jpg (57KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
sheeet.jpg
57KB, 900x675px
During school i do okay, i take notes and keep things organized.

As soon as i come home, i have no will at all to study and end up waiting till around 6 pm to start. With the amount of homework and personal study i wish to do, i end up getting done around 12 am leaving me with 5 hours of sleep. Which is the reason i do only "okay" and not amazing at school. At home i'm too tired to start on my shit so i end op waiting till 9 pm, which then ends going in this huge cycle until i just give up and crash and don't finish a week's worth of my assignments and fall back on my hobbies. How do i break this cycle and keep doing things even if i don't want to?
>>
>>17986846

get up early and do it before you burn out.

> fucking mechanical turk select the streetsign bullshit when there is no streetsign and i just want to post
>>
I'm the same way, I can't do anything at home.
Therefore, I don't go home.

When I know I have a lot to do, even though after class I'm worn out and just want to go home, I push my ass to the library and tell myself, I'm getting at least 30 minutes of this shit out of the way before I go home. I just consider it as if I had one more class of the day. Trick is spacing yourself as best you can. Yeah, after a long day at school I'm not too keen on staying after for hours on end. But just stretching my "school time" a tad longer I get more done than if I just gave up and went home and did nothing at all.

When you have bigger projects (or if you're my teachers and all assign their 20 page papers at the same time) that require you to need to put a shit ton of time into them, all I can say is utilize your weekends the best you can, and take it in chunks. make your work sessions short, and take many small breaks inbetween.
And again, do not stay at home. Go somewhere you are least likely to be distracted. For me, that's the library on my campus. Even on the weekends, I drive my ass to school and sit in the library for a couple hours to do homework each week.
>>
>>17986846
When you finish class, go straight to the library and do your homework then

School for work, home for relax
Never mix up the two

And you shouldn't be doing 6 hours of homework, wtf
I never had to do more than an hour of homework, HS or college.
Graduated top of my class either
>>
>>17986874
I just like to study, though it is taxing on my mental health sometimes. Mostly is a pretty good catharsis
>>
>>17986874
>I never had to do more than an hour of homework, HS or college.

don't believe that for a second.

op, just have a cup of coffee, or get up early or both. frankly, the fact that you're capable of studying for six hours straight, but don't start until that late makes me think you're just undisciplined
>>
>>17986867
Appreciate your advice, I'll try to stay in the library an hour or two after school.
>>
>>17986904
I don't know why it's so hard to believe.

4 classes a day is the norm
About half have actual problems and the other two have readings
Do the problems in the hour and read the other half on the way home

At most, when I had essays, I'd do two hours at the library (1-3k words) and outline the rest on the way home
>>
>frankly, the fact that you're capable of studying for six hours straight, but don't start until that late makes me think you're just undisciplined

Don't get me wrong, I take 30 minute breaks every two hours or so, though I don't follow this rule completely, 12 is usually the time I feel comfortable enough with what I've done.
>>17986904

Though with being undisciplined, you're probably correct. How would you say I get bettet?
>>
>>17986874
>And you shouldn't be doing 6 hours of homework, wtf
As an education major, I agree. You shouldn't. But that ain't the world we live in. Not in America at least.
The average high schooler has 3.5 hours of homework a night, and college is actually not much different with an average of 17 a week. Entertaining that idea that you really did only ever have an hours worth, which I'm mashing X to doubt so hard, fine. You had an hour, which means someone else somewhere had far more to average it out to that 3.5. You were a rarity my friend.
Plus, you also have to consider people's learning style and individual strengths and weaknesses. If you make me read 5 pages of a book, it'll take me 2 hours just to read it, since I have horrible reading comprehension. I have to read a sentence on average about 4 times before that string of words has any meaning in my brain. It's like I'm reading in a foreign language the first couple times
Give me 10 pages of algebra though, and I'll be done with it in 15 minutes.
Maybe you could just breeze through shit. Not everyone could.
>>
>>17986937
You know what the real truth is?

If you can't both read 10 pages in 15 minutes and do 10 pages of algebra, you may not be the person for college

It's about being able to do both
>>
>>17986924
Whats your major/what kinds of classes were you taking?
I'm a history major nearing the end of my degree. On average, I have about 40-50 pages of analysis papers to write every week on historical documents/sources. They're typically not written in modern English, ergo just reading and understanding a short source material takes up at least an hour of my time.

When I was still doing my gen ed 100 level courses, yeah my homework load was much lighter, but as I got deeper into my degree, which is essentially 100% essay/analysis writing, it got much much heavier.
Not all degrees are created equal really.
>>
>>17986946
I have ADD. I do just fine, just takes me longer. I never miss a deadline though, so I don't understand how that doesn't make me a good person for college. I'm a 3.8 student, I've made the deans list 3 semesters in a row now.

The real truth is it doesn't matter how quickly you do something so long as you do it right and within the given time.
The other real truth is college is a scam anyways. It's just the necessary hoop you have to jump through to get a job. Most people pass their degrees without ever having learned a damn thing, because guess what, they're still gonna be trained when they land whatever job's in store for them. You learn far more DOING whatever it is you're gonna be doing than you do in any classroom.
If you want proof of that, go ask your parents for help on your gen ed homework sometime. They'll probably tell you "I don't know how to do this, I haven't done it since I was in college"
>>
>>17986948
I did Medieval English/Ancient Mediterranean History as my Major/Minor

I did a whole year's course in Mid English, reading 50 pages a day

I understand it's about what each person is good at.

But that doesn't change that I think that it depends on how much you want it.

Everyone can read 100 pages of modern English an hour if they want to
And they can do 50 math an hour if they want to too as well.

It's about how focus
Spend each day's work at the library.
At most 2 hours
>>
>>17986955
Yup
You nailed it brah

College is a scam.
I'm just fucking glad that I'm Canadian, and am only 5k bucks in debt rather than the 100k that Americans would be
>>
>>17986946
>Implying
I'm a CS major and I don't need to do any humanities bullshit if I don't want to, though I am double majoring in philosophy.
>>
>>17986926

>Don't get me wrong, I take 30 minute breaks every two hours or so, though I don't follow this rule completely, 12 is usually the time I feel comfortable enough with what I've done.

no, that's fine, and probably healthier than studying nonstop

>Though with being undisciplined, you're probably correct. How would you say I get bettet?

5 hours of sleep is suboptimal. you'll have more energy if you sleep better, which means you need to start and finish earlier. the difference between 5 and 6 1/2 hours sleep is pretty big, at least for me. so once you get into the habit of doing your work earlier, it will naturally get easier.
>>
>>17986963

not him, but you sound like a huge faggot.
>>
>>17986957
I don't think you understand that not everyone is the same as you. It's not just "If I BELIEVE in myself hard enough a miracle will happen!". No, not everyone can do that. There is no such thing as something /everyone/ can do. There are exceptions to everything. You can focus on something with all your might, and still not do it as quickly as someone else. Some people have natural talent for things. That plays a role in it mate.
>>
>>17986961
I'm just glad I had rich enough parents to send me to a mediocre school with me only spending 5k of my own money kek.
If they're gonna charge that much for college, they need to do away with "gen eds". I'm a history major, fuck you I don't need math or science. I'm not going to use it in my field, so I'm not paying to take it. Only charge me shit I'm going to actually use. I'm paying you to prepare me for a job, so prepare me for a job.
>>
off topic, but /adv/ should probably have IDs
>>
File: 1476148910487.png (430KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1476148910487.png
430KB, 640x481px
>>17986992
Something we've been telling the mods for ages lol. If /soc/ can have id's, there's no ungodly reason /adv/ can't.

But then again, if they did that then I can't samefag in other threads
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.