[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to become a Barber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: barber_2635.jpg (272KB, 1400x932px) Image search: [Google]
barber_2635.jpg
272KB, 1400x932px
I'm really considering talking up Barbering. Barbering is a dying industry, but it doesn't have to be. I see a lot of potential, at least where I live. I've noticed that there are very few actual barber shops anymore. And many of the ones that are around are owned by really old guys, because they've been doing it forever, and a lot of them are going to be retiring soon. And a side note, whenever I've visited an "older guy's" barber shop, it's always full of old men, and I feel very alienated, and unsure about how well the barber will cut my hair, as he might not be well versed in more modern hair styles. Or it's younger guys, and they usually work for bigger chain barber shops, and those can by quite busy, and less personal (they're usually in malls). I happen to live in quite a small town, and there's only 2 barbers in town, both relatively young (early 30s). I go to one of them. There's something about having a barber you go to regularly, who doesn't even have to ask you what you want, they just know how to cut your hair, it feels good. I've also read on how barber shops are a big part of male identity, as through out history they'be been a place of male camaraderie and solace. My barber can be quite busy because he's one of the few in the region, and he gets all the business from all the neighboring towns without barbers themselves. So tell me what's the Barber situation like where you live, and can you see a demand or use for more Barber shop? If you don't go to a barber, would you go to one more often if there we're more of them? Please let me know. Thanks.
>>
>>17986760
For me personally I see getting my hair cut as an inconvenient necessity. I'll either go to any local salon or get my mother in law to do it.

That being said though, if you've got real passion for it, and you're ok with something like this taking up your whole life, fucking go for it lad
>>
>>17986760
The world will always need barbers, and the kind of personal 'small-town' service you picture will be very attractive to many.

You will never get rich, you will work long hours (on your feet, with your arms at an unnatural level), and you will have all the retail headaches of dealing with asshole customers.

But you will be doing something you like and will earn a respectable living.
>>
>>17986760
JUST
>>
>>17986760
I quit working as a barber 2 years ago because i would constantly shake (physically) from anxiety... was an ok job.. better than most trades. plus i still cut my own hair .. so free haircuts for life plus i cut others on the side
>>
I would love to have a real barber to go to.

Please do this, OP. You can make the world a better place. People don't often see how something so simple can help others, but it can. Be personable, remember your clients, and I promise you that they'll all love you in due time.
>>
that was a bit of a tl;dr OP.

I live in a literally who town, and there seems to be just one barber. It is one block from the town square, and it's, as you said, mostly old men. On other places of town there are these new "stylists" or whatever you call them, with expensive shampoos and gay attendants.
I like the barber shop way more, it gives off a nice vibe, though I shave my own head so I never have the need to go to one such place.

But why not try it OP? if only for the experience, maybe it will catch, maybe it won't. Go and work for the old barber, you'll at least live your dream for a while and then you'll have a better position to know where to go from there.
Of course, first you need to go to a beauty school, and be surrounded by low class girls who all think you're gay.
>>
What are you talking about?!? Real oldschool barbershops are the hippest thing since a year or two in Europe.

https://jadevschooneveld.wordpress.com/tag/amsterdam/
>>
Check this website and see your american inspired barbershop culture is alive and kicking ass in Europe.

https://schorembarbier.nl

You can drop the edgy stuff if that will not be appealing to the older men. But every man loves leather, wood, rough manly environment where women are not allowed. I suppose that getting a whisky or beer while you wait will not be possible ?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.