[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean to "take it slow" before a relationship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1484701243894.jpg (32KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484701243894.jpg
32KB, 500x630px
About an hour ago I came back from hanging out with a great friend I wanted to gf.

We're super fucking tight together and enjoy each other's presence. To give background, I was her first kiss and she has never been in a romantic relationship before. She's a little awkward, so I can see how that's possible, but we're both quite open to each other. I can get her out of her bubble.

When I dropped her off at her place, we kissed again, and I asked if she'd be my girlfriend. She knew this was coming, so she immediately answered "I don't know, I don't want to jump into it right away. I wanna take it slow."
I said that's respectable, smiled, and went on my way. I wasn't really sad just disappointed really.

What does it mean to want to take it slow? Can someone elaborate on it?
I plan to not initiate conversation any time soon. I'll just let her analyze whatever she has to, and of she hits me up to shoot the shit, we'll take it from there as a couple of friends.
What can I do now?
>>
>>17986748

its not a good sign. there are women who will say this for years amd come up with more and more excuses.

at the very least it means shes not sure if she likes you. andi f shes not sure yet she probably wont later.

in some cases the girl just likes the tension, which isnt wrong, i like the tension to so when i court a girl i take it slow while still making deliberate moves. but having made moves too early you might have ruined it.

etiher way it wasnt looking good. wait aorund and see what happensi f you want but dont wait forever
>>
>>17986764
Yeah. A friend I keep updated on this said I likely made the move too early.

I guess I'll just do what I always do. Take it as a loss unless she initiates something about it.
>>
>>17986771

not a bad mindset. sucks when this happens. if shes never dated as you say, it might not be too late to fix it, but generally if a girls into you shes into you.
>>
>>17986748
She's not into you. Talking from experience. Things might change but don't think the odds are in your favor. Just keep her at bay and wait for her to react. Start moving on. Not trying to make you feel bad. This is typical.
>>
>>17986773
She told me her romantic relationships are non existence, which is believable given how awkward she is. A heavy introvert.

So part of me takes it as she's considering whether she likes me and just needs to analyze it. Then again, it may have been just a form a rejection. Which is fine, I'll just move on.
>>
>>17986748
> I asked if she'd be my girlfriend

Unless you are 12 y-o, you can't simply ask that question. Ever

Relationships don't start from a simple yes or no question, here is how they start (or how your relationship with her would normally start)

>kiss her and let her go
>next time you see her, kiss her goodbye and grab her butt/breasts. See if she pushes you away or not. If she does denies you, forget about her
>if she doesn't, then invite her to your place to watch a movie or something, and start to kiss her and finger her. If she's receptive, you escalate into sex
>then you start having sex on a regular basis
>and then you start doing typical "relationship activities", such as going camping for a weekend, taking her to restaurants and whatnot
>and then one day, while you're laying next to each other naked after sex, you look at her in the eyes and tell her you love her

At least in my book, that's how a normal relation starts.

As of now, considering you dun goofed, keep it low for the next few days. In fact don't even text her or nothing. There's a chance you creeped her out, so wait on her to contact you if she wants to see you. Don't "apologize" or anything about what happened, in fact don't even talk about it, pretend it never happened.

Again I can't stress this enough; BE INDEPENDANT AS FUCK for the next couple of days. If she doesn't give any sign of life, you may contact her, but only in 2 weeks from now. Good luck
>>
Dont be a low key rapist like the above please...

She probably doesn't understand wtf dating is and wants to sit on the idea. Could go either way, but I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket just in case.
>>
You mentioned getting her out of a bubble. Dont try to do this. A girl like this likes her bubble and you will only have the relationship as long as she keeps letting you in. Instead of labeling bf/gf just let her know bit by bit that she is the one you want to be with at the end of the day or plan a day with etc. Her reaction to physical contact will do all the talking labeling for you. Hugs a little longer, gaze a little longer, hold her hand etc. Actions speak louder than words.
>>
>>17986824
Fuck, this is pretty legit advice.
>>
>>17986806

lmao I'm 26 and people still ask that question.
>>
>>17986748
To me, "take it slow" means not wanting to commit to something without having a very good understanding of what I'm getting into.

It doesn't mean that I don't take the other person seriously or the idea of a relationship with them seriously.

In a situation like yours where I already know and very much like the person but we're friends, I want to know whether or not there are suddenly going to be new demands on me that I'm not going to like.

From my own perspective, I want to commit to someone. I want physical and emotional fidelity with someone else. I just don't want to jump into that without having a pretty good sense of who the other person is.

Now, this girl might just be trying to figure out how to make that transition from friend to girlfriend, or she may be unwilling at all because she doesn't have a lot of experience with relationships or sex and she wants to see what that's like with a range of different people before she's willing to commit.
>>
>>17986890
Hmm. That seems reasonable to want to take it slow. I suppose she may be trying to feel out my intentions with it.

How would I go to present myself as 'boyfriend material' to give that sense of security for the idea?
Of course I will not push it. But I still wish to pursue it a little further to feel out the situation. If she's still not down, that's respectable.
>>
>>17986748
See your problem is you're not even sure if shes worth dating beyond your opinion of her as a person and then as a friend. You should be trying to fuck her more than you should be trying to get in a relationship. Hitting it and quitting isnt every end game ever but its a direction leading towards 1 girl worth dating out of a half a dozen you forget about.
>>
>>17986925
I don't understand.
Elaborate.
>>
>>17986932
If you dont take the relationship in the normal direction a guy whos interested in a girl you're going to screw it up. Maybe she wants to take things slow, that means dont be pushy. If you're too slow trust me someone wont be and he'll fuck the shit out of her virgin pussy and you're going to be trying to figure out what he has over you which is nothing he just acted like a normal dude.
>>
>>17986907
If I were in your situation, I would continue to be enthusiastic about seeing her. Continue to show physical affection in ways that she feels comfortable, without trying to test her boundaries. Make spending your time with her about the two of you enjoying being with each other, don't just focus on being physical.

Understand that she may not be willing to commit to you, either because she's unwilling to commit to anyone, or maybe because she's not ready to settle down and be faithful to just one person.

I'm generally ok with people who are also wanting to take things slow before committing. However, I do let someone I'm dating know what I'm looking for and I ask them to tell me if that's something they know they're not interested in with me.
>>
>>17986932
Also just because shes nice or hot or whatever if you dont date here you're wasting months as her friend speculating whether the two of you are compatible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.