[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone in their late 20s to early 30s or later that sees the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (64KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 640x412px
Anyone in their late 20s to early 30s or later that sees the adventure slipping out of their life?

I'm 30, and I feel like my friends are beginning to fall into one or multiple of these three categories: 1. Totally committed to family life, 2. Prefers sitting in to doing anything fun, or 3. Completely fucked up on a combo of drugs and booze.

I like to drink, and I like to party, but it feels like I'm getting to the point where there isn't anyone who wants to do that anymore. The best part of my life was like... 19-26, and I want that back. I'm an otherwise responsible adult, but I miss the road trips to California, the trips to the bar for drinks and banter, hitting on random chicks...

Should I try to make younger friends? That seems lame. Alternatively, how can I find a sense of fun and purpose at my age?
>>
People grow up. Personally, I'm glad to have distanced myself from my friends. Not all, but most. People started families, ruined families, became single moms, focused on studies, others are just NEET, another probably still on disability. And me, unemployed, live alone, only child, don't drink, smoke, nothing. Just watching the dags go by, unemployed, odd jobs now and then.. 31 and life isn't at all what I expected it to be at my age.
>>
>>17986618

I'm in a similar situation OP, 34 y-o and no kids, while all my friends have started families. Some misc tips;

>find a bar/club that catters to older people
>Take care of your body
Hit the gym as often as you can, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep. That will make you appear younger than you are, and will make you shine when next to out-of-shapes fellow 30ish y-o men

>Don't be affraid to hit on younger chicks (as young as 18)
>save up and travel the world
this is a great way to meet, get drunk and party with younger people
>buy a sport motorcycle and go to gatherings and stuff
>>
>>17986674
get some help bro
>>
>>17986726
Nah, I just need a steady job to start my own small company. I grew up alone, and I'm used to being alone. I would like a stable relationship, but nothing good comes along. I don't feel I need help, in fact, I feel blessed in many ways.

At my age, not smoking, not drinking, I run, exercise, eat well. Most of my friends were drug users, and I just bored of them. I live in Miami, so life isn't exactly a death sentence, just quieter than most of the dumb shit surrounding me.
>>
>>17986737
got bored*
>>
>>17986618

I don't know, but I'm 26, going to be 27. I was a total neck beard from 18 to 23. So I feel like I missed out on a few years. I don't have many friends, and I'm still in undergrad so I mostly talk to people younger than me.

I know I'm starting to get to where I wanted to be at 19, but I notice some people I went to high school with getting married, having kids, etc.

I think life is what you make it. If you like those things, still do them. I don't know much about the bar scene because I don't like that stuff, but you can probably go out by yourself, or make some slightly younger friends. I think after 21, there isn't much difference in age. So I don't think anyone will see it as strange.

But this is something I worry about a lot. But I'm enjoying myself now more than I did when I was a teen. I question whether it is wrong or weird, but I'm happy and anything from alone, and 18 year old girls don't think my age is strange at all. So I think nobody really cares. You do you.
>>
You are the guy who has not grown up. Try to.

I can personally relate.
>>
File: Br_leoWIgAAtZrM.jpg (56KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
Br_leoWIgAAtZrM.jpg
56KB, 599x804px
>>17986618

Also, I think being a guy makes you on a different time line than women. So you aren't in any rush to "grow up and settle down."

I think as a man you're still seen as young and desirable well into your thirties. You can get away with the same shit you did in high school.
>>
>>17986737
>Nah, I just need a steady job to start my own small company.
rofl ok guy, I'm sure that's gonna happen
>>
>>17986812
I've lived alone before. Do odd jobs on my own. Fixing things, pressure washing, meh. Thinking I'll start a pressure washing biz, already own 2 units.

The level of assumption is high in here tonight. It's like a sinkhole of fail and nobody wants anybody else to escape. Pitiful bullshit really.
>>
>>17986618
join meetup!
>>
My life has gotten better. My teen years were full of mischief and crazy stunts. My 20's started with trepidation and confusion, evolved into 5-6 years of continuous partying and binge drinking and my late 20's were all about marriage and kids. I am in my 30's now and all I can say is everything i do is positive. I like alot of self discovery stuff. Health related stuff. Interesting cultural travelling stuff. The drunken party is gone. I feel like im doing what i did in my teen years...just not as goofy and crazy. Its fun.
>>
>>17986916
To add to that...one thing i didnt expect was to relive my childhood because of my kids. Its so weird having all these deja vu's you forgot about. For instance if I take my kids to a museum, or a rides park or camping...all those memories that have been forgotten from 5-10 come rushing back. + you see your own kids having fun.

I dont think back to the broads i picked up at bars or getting hammered...that was fun while it lasted but it has no comparison to joy. That life is addictog and great for like 6-8 months. Then you realize women are all the same and no matter if a girl is a 5 or a 10 their cunts all feel the same. Same old drunken stories same old hang overs.

There is more to life m8.
>>
>>17986916
>>17986936

OP here. Sorry, I fell asleep.

I don't currently plan on ever having kids, and I think having them to hopefully "relive my youth" is a huge risk if I turn out to hate them or can't raise them right. Most of the people I know my age that have kids aren't very happy. It's cool to hear you get satisfaction from it, but I have only met one girl I'd want to have a relationship with in the past two years.

All of that sounds hugely negative, but it's not any MGTOW stuff or an inability to get girls, just an acknowledgment to myself that I don't want to settle for anyone, so I don't bother looking for anything besides a casual hookup anymore.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.