[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF's eating disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1925.jpg (86KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1925.jpg
86KB, 1200x800px
So I've been dating a girl and I absolutely love her. No question. The problem is that I'm worried she is getting back into bad habits. Not long after we met she was hospitalized for an eating disorder and went through treatment. she was successful in treatment and was dedicated to being fit in a healthy way afterwards though, we started dating and everything was great.

Fast forward a year, and her dog gets sick. She put herself in debt to save him but he still died. She had that damn dog for almost 15 years and adopted him as a little puppy. She was devestated afterwards which I completely understand, but then she stopped eating healthy and started bingeing junk, stopped going to the gym, stopped being active in general. But then as she gained weight she was even more depressed and it got worse. She gained probably 25 to 40 lbs, thicker than she was before but definitely not fat. But to her she might as well have been obese.

She's started getting healthier again and I was really happy, until I noticed that she was doing some concerning things. Before she was vegetarian with vegan tendencies, now she's strict vegan, which I think is so she has an excuse to not eat out or things she can't make herself and count the calories. She's also being a nazi about counting her calories, if she eats like 10 over her daily limit (which is pretty low imo) she freaks out over it and cries. Not to mention going to the gym five days a week. She's been going on runs so much that even her husky seems done with going with her. I think she's also looking at "thinsperation" online where the girls look straight up sickly.

Am I over reacting? Or does this seem like legit relapse of her disorder?

nb4 dump her because of baggage: no. I love her for so many reasons, and I have my own baggage as well. I just want to help her
>>
I'm confused, was the original disorder eating like a fat fuck or not eating enough?
>>
>>17986387
The original disorder was not eating enough and exercising too much, she wa bulimic for a period of time but that wasn't the main problem
>>
>>17986391
Some girls get really into going to the gym and running and fitness and it's healthy for them, but if she's actually crying because she went 10kcals over then there's definitely something wrong with that.
>>
>>17986370
This does sound like a relapse. You should probably talk to her, express concern.
I have an eating disorder and I don't really know what to tell you. I've never gotten treatment. My boyfriend is the first person I've told.
Life with these kind of compulsive behaviors is a real back and forth. She recovered once, so the road back is familiar. It'll be easier the second time around.
>>
>>17986411
That's kind of what I thought

>>17986790
Hopefully, I've been trying to figure out a way to bring it up to her
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.