[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nwjclnQb651rxd5pto1_540.jpg (93KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwjclnQb651rxd5pto1_540.jpg
93KB, 500x752px
I am a legal adult. (19 yrs)

My mother has stolen my passport and refuses to return it.

I live in Minnesota.

How would the local law treat this situation?
>>
>>17986348
Do you still live with your mother?

Call the police and file a claim. They will probably just laugh at you, but I think it would be likely they would come down if you live in a small town where cops have jack shit to do.
>>
>>17986348

you can call the non emergency line and explain your situation and ask what to do.

you could also just go to your mothers place and take the passport/
>>
>>17986348
Report the passport stolen and apply for a new one.
>>
>>17986348
Don't take this place as legal advice. Only proper lawyers can provide legal advice. And then only if they're *your* lawyer
>>
>>17986480
>Got any proof that she stole it? You'll get nowhere without that. She could just say she didn't steal anything and that you probably lost it and that would be that.

>And get fucked for breaking and entering. Good idea.

What in any of that was cause for deleting my post?
>>
>>17986348
In this case the why seems far more interesting than the what. Do you mind giving us the back story?
>>
>>17986490
This.
>>
>>17986348
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/lost-stolen.html

Thats your procedures if you can't/won't just go and get it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.