[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I posted about this problem earlier. Trying again. How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bird.jpg (37KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
37KB, 400x529px
I posted about this problem earlier. Trying again.

How do you tell a previously really good friend, within a group of online friends, that you no longer want to remain in contact with them without seeming like a piece of shit to everyone else in that group of online friends due to their petty and puerile ways of dealing with issues they have with said people in that group, particularly over trivial bullshit?

Keep in mind, this is someone I do care about. It's just that the friendship I have with that person is getting unhealthy. I'm tired of their tantrums and getting the silent treatment afterwards over shit I didn't even know I did.

Also, what would be the best way of going about this? Like I said, online friend. Is just blocking/removing the person on everything afterward the best thing to do?
>>
>>17986280

privately, and just try to eb sympathetic. 'im sorry man but i cant do this anymore' as opposed to angry.

then message people in the group saying you're just not talking to him anymore, dont want drama but wanted to make sure people knew what was up. dont explain the problem just say that you cant deal with him anymore
>>
Call him out on the bullshit. If he doesn't change simply block him

What is this like a forum or gaming community or what?
>>
>>17986292
Just a bunch of friends I play games with. This person will block you over stupid shit or give you the silent treatment after a temper tantrum. If we're playing something and someone fucks up, they'll silently block you. This person also has a habit of badmouthing people they have issues with in private chats during said drama episodes. Also tends to turn arguments that aren't personal into insult throwing shit fits when if they didn't interrupt, wouldn't have even been an issue within the next 10 minutes.
>>
>>17986307
Oh, and when I say they'll badmouth you over things, I mean over cherrypicked shit that happened months ago and isn't even relevant today, regardless of whether you were wrong or not.

Then everything will go back to normal, eventually, after potentially weeks of being pissed off at each other. Things will be fine, until something is said or done that pisses them off, then back to weeks of being quiet. This has happened probably a good 10 times.
>>
>>17986331
Why would you even want to continue in a relationship with this person? If this is just a group of people online, not interacting with one of them seems relatively straightforward. That being said, I'd recommend that you pursue friendships that don't being and end in front of a computer/tv screen
>>
>>17986367
That's the other thing. These are people I've grown to know personally. We do a lot together even if it's far away. I've gone to visit some of them. I've taken trips over a thousand miles to.

As much as you're probably right, I haven't really ever had closer friends.Everyone else in this group is fine though except for this one.

The reason I care for this person in particular is because I do know them personally. Both the good and bad things. This is one of the ones I went to visit. They really are a good person when everything is calm, especially in person. It's just that it's like they're almost bipolar. It doesn't take anything significant to create a problem.

I'll say a bit more by revealing that it is a she. It's like she's way too emotionally driven. I know that's a stereotype for women but this is a bit different.

Again, I do care about her. That's why it's difficult. It's been about three years with all of them. It's hard to want to do this when it could affect how I interact with the others and when I know her at her best too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.