[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sack of shit lawyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 520222017.jpg (51KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
520222017.jpg
51KB, 338x507px
basically 3 years ago I got hit by a car and we hired a lawyer to deal with the case. looked up reviews and all seemed well so I hired him and we signed a contract that he takes a 33% cut. around 2 months ago he says that we should be receiving our money soon. throughout the whole case this asshole has been incredibly neglectful. not answering calls, never replying, avoid questions, and lying. i looked up reviews and there are two negative reviews on Google that state all of his good reviews are copy and paste and fake, and it certainly looks that way. I cant seem to get a fucking word out of him and i'm about to show up to his office. what do I do?
>>
bump please help
>>
>>17986183
I wish I knew what to tell you bro. Google it or something. Hit up a lawyer who has free consultation and ask him if there's anything he can do about it. Idk. This ones tough
>>
ask him a question
>>
I doubt there's anything you can do. You could look through the contract and see if you can prove he violated any of his clauses, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. He's a lawyer, he probably knows how to cover his ass.
>>
>>17986352
i dont have a copy of the contract, and looking back that was a fuck up lol
>>
File: 1280x720-W3I[1].jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-W3I[1].jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>17986183
Pretend to be a new client to get in touch with him :)
>>
>>17986183
Best way I've found to keep lawyers honest and responsive to me is to take notes about EVERYTHING and to show up in person. Keep in mind that litigation takes time and most plaintiff attorneys on cases like yours are playing a numbers game where they try to maximize the return and minimize their time (which is why so many are woefully underprepared if it actually comes down to trial).

Write down the questions you want to ask, write down the answers (especially information about time frame and deadlines). Ask him about the lie. Don't do it in a confrontational or accusatory manner, just see what he says and think about what you want to do later.

You should be taking notes on every single time you try to get in contact with him, and every time he has gotten in contact with you.

Did he not give you a copy of your contract with him, or did you just lose/throw it away? You can ask him for another copy. Some lawyers who work on contingency will ask for a third, but will also ask you to cover expenses, win or lose. If he's doing that, find out what the expenses have been (should be mostly filing costs) and what they're expected to be, and see if they're reasonable (e.g. $2 per page for photocopies is not reasonable).
>>
File complaint with your state bar association.
>>
>>17986183
You offer no proof he has done anything wrong.

Accident cases can legitimately take years to settle. One-third is the standard charge for an on-spec case. He has no motive whatever to screw you, since he only gets paid if he wins you money.

Just calm down and make an appointment to sit with him and CALMLY ask how the case is going and how soon it will end. You can speed things up if you instruct him to take whatever out-of-court settlement the other guys offer, but that means you will get a LOT less money.
>>
>>17986183
your comments are very vague and insubstantial

all I got from that was
>my lawyer is taking a 30% cut
>I think he is a sack of shit
>I read reviews
>>
>>17987678
This

I got hit by a car 2 years ago, it's just going through the process now. I've discovered that he gets in contact with me when there's something to be said, but if I'm emailing him with some dumb ass questions that his secretary can answer then he takes his time.

30% or so is standard.

Maybe he's actually been a piece of shit, but your experience sounds remarkably similar to mine and my lawyer has been dainty.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.