[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've met a girl some years ago which has diagnosed depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I've met a girl some years ago which has diagnosed depression since last few months or something like that. She keeps talking about suicide whenever I talk to her, she can't accept how she looks like even after some. I stopped talking to her for a while because I was kinda tired of hearing how probably the only girl who likes me wants to end herself and after that she stopped talking to me for a while
Then I said something like... dunno... "You okay?". And so she described in some sad words that, oh "I don't mean anything to even you anymore" and stuff. I feel like things are gonna get serious in any time. What the fuck am I supposed to do after failing to save her from depression itself?

pic kinda sums up our every single conversation
>>
>>17986123

ur not supposed to save her. this isn't some tragic myspace romance where love is the only thing that stops people from being depressed.

and even if you could save her, you'd be doing it wrong. cleaning a wound can hurt. you dont want to clean the wound. you want to coddle.
>>
>>17986123

As someone who over came depression
who has dated girls who've had depression
who has dated girls who have had WORSE issues than depression (like serious traumas)

You cannot "fix" anything in anyone.

Even if you could, at most it would be a temporary fix that would not last past a few weeks at most.

Any real change needs to be self-actuated and self-earned, or else it will not last.

If you want to help her, not much you can do except let her know you're there for her.
>>
>>17986123
She's doing it for attention
>>
>>17986123
>3rd choice
Well, here's the thing, I can't kill myself because I'm too scared to do that, yet too miserable to enjoy life.

Worse yet, I don't know how to joke and banter with people. Come to think of it, I know nothing of people, and I wish to do so. I feel as though I'm a freakish ghost in front of regular folks.

Life is suffering and I can't even laugh at memes because I feel so dejected.

ANYWAY!
>>17986164
Is right.
Sorry, OP, people are flawed creatures. They can manage their quirks, but it's a bandaid to whatever ails them.
True change comes from within the tormented soul somehow finding ways to free itself.

Sadly, you can't do much anymore, other than let her find ways to cope. You tried, but it's time to be one of those fair-weathered friends.
>>
Is she doing it in a vague joke way or consistently serious about it. I would assume serious because of her reply to you. Normally i would say let her try to kill herself, fail because the desprate ones always do, then connect with her again. But since you love her, i guess you gotta ignore the suicide comments. If your conversations revolve around them, shes gotta help herself.
>>
>>17986777
>ignore the suicide comments

: /
>>
>>17986837
If she makes them all the time theres no substance to them.
So ignore it, its the usual.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.