[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ss+(2015-06-05+at+04.44.43).jpg (12KB, 161x162px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-06-05+at+04.44.43).jpg
12KB, 161x162px
Hey /adv/. Need your opinion on something. Got offered a volunteering type of work to live in china for a year. The city is 1 hour away from Shanghai, and rent + utilities paid for. Salary is $2k usd a month. I get 2 weeks paid vacation too. The only issue is I'm still in college and I think finishing college is top priority right now but I always wanted to go abroad and see what it's like. Opinions?
>>
>>17984380

id take it if you're itnerested in living there ever. chances like this dont come along often.

you can easily go back to college in a year.
>>
>>17984380
If you drop out or take a year off college, do you have to start making student loan repayments? I suggest you find out and let it influence your decision.
Do you speak any mandarin, or are you at least willing to learn? I suggest you take at least a beginners course before you go.
>>
>>17984380
What is the program? Is it reputable?
>>
>>17985150
It's a language center/language exchange center. I read some reviews on the internet and talked to a few people who've done it. It's legit.
>>
>>17985140
Dad's paying for my college. Means I have to talk to him about this and see if he'll let me or not. (Can't really argue with him since he is paying.) Anyway to convince him and make him seem like its a great idea?
>>
>>17985126
Problem is my mind is caught between a rock and a hard place lol. It's probably better to finish college young, but then again it's only a year and I'm getting paid pretty decent. My dad's paying for me as well so if I talk to him about it he might just tell me to not delay my college education. But it's as you said, chances like this DON'T come ever.
>>
>>17985441
That sounds life-changing. Where did you find the opportunity?
>>
>>17985513
Search up aston language centre and click on the first link. Then click on language exchange and you'll know what to do from there. You also don't necessarily have to have an English degree to teach English in China; It can be any four year degree.
>>
>>17984380
College is for people that can't make their own way. You can live like a God for that much in Choina.

Flip side: your face and lungs are gonna be fucked from that air quality
>>
>>17985637
So, would you take it if you had the chance? Im 19 years old by the way.
>>
>>17984380
>Got offered a volunteering type of work to live in china for a year
lol RIP
>>
>>17985637
>College is for people that can't make their own way

t.brainlet
>>
>>17985624
Thanks for the info. It looks like a grand opportunity if legitimate. One thing I might correct is that the stipend is more like $200, not $2000 a month.
>>
>>17985737
Nah I sent in my application/resume and I already had some intern experience on it. I skype'd with someone that works there and I was told I'd start around 14k RMB a month. (included in the contract as well)
>>
>>17985737
One more thing that I forgot to add: 14k rmb is around 2k usd so yeah
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.