[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two men to chose from-what do I do /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: 87357.jpg (66KB, 780x462px) Image search: [Google]
87357.jpg
66KB, 780x462px
25F-So, to be clear from the outset-I'm just in the dating phase with both and have not had sex with either.

>guy 1
>scientist
>highly educated
>handsome in a slightly feminine way-I like that so no issue
>Has different politics to me-something we've barely touched on. Despite the outwardly standard liberal look, he's quite traditional and conservative
>well paying job, but it's not important as I earn a great salary myself
>I get on great with his family (I met them coincidentally)
guy 2
>artist and musician
>well travelled and interested in adventures
>interesting-we can talk for hours
>handsome, I'd say this is on a par between the two
>well read
>arrogant
>no steady employment
>only now going through college
>has told me he has a very fucked up family history, but won't elaborate
>politics align with mine
I'm really torn here. Any ideas?
>>
>>17983549
Guy 1.

Stop coming here for valudation please.
>>
>>17983549
Guy 2 sounds like me and I'm a complete mess so I'd say guy 1.
>>
>>17983556
Validation* fuckin touch keyboards.
>>
>>17983556
Half of the threads on this board are made in the hopes for validation.
>>
>>17983556
I just need some advice. Wouldn't validation require a leaning one way or the other?
>>
>>17983549
Do you want to have children? If yes guy 1. If no, neither of them, guy 2 is a loser with no future.
>>
>>17983575
He's not a loser. Why does everyone keep saying that?

Material wealth isn't the only marker of success. He's made a living off of art, which is no mean feet in itself.

I don't want kids, but why is no.1 a better choice there? He would want me to be a housewife.
>>
>>17983549
You seem to get on with guy 2 more, you haven't mentioned guy 1's personality at all aside from the traditional and conservative political views.

Guy 1 is better father material if only for his views, smarts and cash but guy 2 seems to be what you like more as a person.
>>
>>17983588
How is being traditional and conservative better father material?

Also, no.2 isn't stupid. He just couldn't afford university initially and only has enough now, and i make my own money.
>>
Number one sounds boring. Just because you're educated is no excuse not to travel or have adventures. I'd run out of stuff to talk with him about. Especially because you're essentially saying he doesn't read much by describing guy 2 as well read.
>>
>>17983606
See, that and the conservatism are what puts me off no.1. I don't want to be a housewife, I want some kind of equality in the relationship (not to attack people who do do that. It's just not for me).
>>
>>17983618
Why do you come here and ask us then? You've clearly settled for n°2. You've been stubbornly defending him, so that's proof of who you want to be with.

I would've told you n°1 but you don't want that. So go with the no future, all adventure guy.
>>
>>17983618
Dunno what to tell you then lady. I aspire to be like guy one in the sense that in pursuing science but one of the people I admire in my field told me never to forego stuff like arts and culture. It sounds like guy 2 is that guy. The future can be changed, the past cannot.
>>
>>17983630
If people made assumptions about no.1 the way they have no.2 then I'd defend him too. I clearly didn't do an accurate description.
>>
>>17983590
>>How is being traditional and conservative better father material?
Stronger family values and more general masculinity, all important in developing independent children.
>no.2 isn't stupid
Didn't say he was.

Either way, these guys aren't products there's going to be much more depth to them then you listed, in the end you'll have to go with what your gut and heart tell you, regardless of what we think.
>>
>>17983633
So basically the combination of the two is the ideal man?
>>
>>17983636
Because you're asking a bunch of people with different values to yours. And do you know what answer you will get? The ones WE believe is best under our views. If those were the descriptions of two girls instead I would easily choose 1, because I'm not too adventurous myself and I wouldn't like that from a couple. I value stability the most.

But you don't.

I'm not making any assumptions when I say this. If you told me "this girl likes to travel and doesn't care about getting a steady job" (he doesn't, or he would have by this point) I would get disinterested quickly.

You should instead see what are the values you are looking for and make a choice starting from there.
>>
>>17983647
But why is being hyper masculine good for kids? I genuinely don't know.

Also, being a good wifey doesn't sound personally appealing to me, and valuing family is neither left nor right.
>>
>>17983655
I'm just further clarifying.
>>
>>17983656
>But why is being hyper masculine good for kids? I genuinely don't know.
It's not, the guy is spewing shit from his ass. I'm not hyper masculine (in fact I don't care about being one) but I believe I would be a great parent.

>Also, being a good wifey doesn't sound personally appealing to me, and valuing family is neither left nor right.
I believe everyone is also assuming guy 1 wants a family too, although that's reasonable because he's conservative.

See, here's another thing, you clearly have similar view points to the second guy (you said so) and this is going to permeate through the whole relationship. Keep that in mind.

>>17983659
Clarifying what? I'm telling you to make a choice based on what YOU believe is best, based on what YOU (not us) want from a relationship. We cannot make that choice for you.
>>
>>17983651
Yeah, essentially.
>>
It doesn't matter.

If you go with number one, you'll regret the life of carefree adventure and excitement you imagine no. 2 would have offered when you're a middle aged house wife with little sex appeal and a quietly depressing, but financially secure house wife lifestyle. Maybe you'll find joy in the inevitable kids (don't rule them out as a positive, you may find you want them when you're older) but Betty Friedan's life of quiet desperation will most definitely apply to you.

If you choose number 2, you'll find yourself supporting him financially and gradually resenting him for it. The fact that you describe him as arrogant means he probably won't be willing to accept responsibility for his VERY LIKELY failures (the arts are very hard to succeed in, take it from someone with family that has) or put in the work to achieve and maintain success and he will blame and resent you for that, eventually. When you're in a cold and resentful relationship in which one or both of you are cheating and eyeing exits, you'll find yourself wondering what life would have been like with guy 1, and wishing you'd picked him.

Either one you pick, you'll eventually imagine the other one would have been more fulfilling, emotionally and sexually.

Why choose at all? Just stay single, slut it up (sluts have more fun, social stigma be damned) and focus on your goals.
>>
Why are you asking here? Nobody can tell you who you'd get along with, especially not strangers in the internet.
>>
>>17983698
I don't want to be a slut. I've only had two previous partners, one was my high school boyfriend and one was a girl I fell in love with, but broke up with after a few years.
>>
>>17983606
you sound boring science is amazing it took us to the moon,saved millions of lives with medicine and it gave us computers. the fuck did the arts ever do is not even helping our economy like science is.
>>
>>17983706
The arts have furthered our culture as well. Practically all of the ideas in your head stem from philosophers and politicians, rather than scientists, and the earliest scientists were also artists and philosophers.

Civilisation is born when one combines arts, thought, science and politics. A civilisation devoid of one of those will not progress very far.
>>
>>17983549
God I hate these. Take control of your life and figure it out yourself what you want. Make mistakes and learn from them. That's living. This site will never give you the correct answer for what is better for you as everything is subjective to the person deciding. Fuck.
>>
>>17983698
>>17983717

What do you lads think about Trump cutting national endowment for the arts?

Pisses me off, desu.
>>
>>17983722
What this does do, I think, for the people that post them, is somethig akin to a coin toss in that, when people suggest what they don't want in their gut they realise what they do want.
>>
>>17983730
Have you seen modern "art"?

They should have cut off all endowments about 50 years ago.
>>
>>17983730
Couldn't give a shit less. My family member relies on the arts, not me. I'm with the police department. Didn't vote for him because I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I'm not opposed to money being redirected from arts to law enforcement.
>>
>>17983580
>Why does everyone keep saying that?
>no job
>no education
>starving artist
>arrogant, therefore will likely deny his obvious fuckups
I mean the fucked up family I can sympathize with, that's not something he can really control. But this guy is not stable by any stretch of the imagination from what you've told us. I mean I think it's pretty obvious which one you're leaning towards but its your life.

>>17983717
Nat Socs were the ones who put us on the moon. Let's not get too carried away with philosophy and science being tied to the hip.

>>17983730
Are we talking post modern shit like that chick who pissed into a can of spaghettios? Or the broad who squatted over a sheet of paper and smeared her period blood all over it in public? Because I'd say about damn time.
>>
>>17983549
Neither. If you have doubts, none of them is the man you should be with.
>>
>>17983549

Which one do you get along with better? That's your answer.

If you were forced to spend a day doing activities with one of them who would you choose?

Everyone else here is shoehorning these guys into a specific stereotype, I'm sure there is much more to both of them then you listed, so just "choose" the one you actually want to spend time with more, it's never going to be 50/50 between them.
>>
>itt stupid bitch contemplates betabux
maybe its time you grew up and stopped going to an anime forum for advice
>>
>>17983716
the politics part is what gives, in case you're wondering OP
>>
>>17983730
About fucking time. If I wanted my money to go to art, I'd donate or commission it myself. And like the other anons already said, modern art is absolute garbage.
>>
>>17983962
>>17983549
this is the only correct answer
stop for a second and think about what you are doing
you are trying to justify to yourself why you should stay with either of them
that tells us a very important thing : you're not happy with either due to the flaws and shortcomings you outlined here
>>
>>17983549
Since you're on 4chan asking the typical people here about this decision I doubt either guy would be a match, why would they date a 25 yo when they could've gone for younger, prettier and smarter girls.

>>17983564
lol
>>
>dating two guys at the same time
Kill yourself you disgusting slut you are everything that's wrong with the world
>>
>>17983590
seems like you know guy 2 is the wrong decision even though you're defending him so much. just go for him and report back when it fails.
>>
A big income is worthless if you don't know how to save. The one with sound finances, not big income gets a point.
If you plan to have kids eventually, ask them casually what genetic defects run in their family. Less diseases is not most important, different diseases than your family gets a point.
Who do you get along with?
Who challenges you?
Who respects you?
give one point for each question for the winner.
Add points up and if there is a tie, you might just have the fellows meet and whoever takes meeting the other with more tact is the winner.
>>
seems like you're more into guy 2, even from your initial post where you devote twice as much space to him.

he may not be the better longer term choice, but you're young enough right now that i would say that doesn't matter so much.

also conservative politics are a dealbreaker for me, so that might be a bias.
>>
>>17985199
>why would they date a 25 yo when they could've gone for younger, prettier and smarter girls

This t.b.h, I'm not as prestigious and definitely earn less than guy 1, I'm 26 and hasn't finished my PhD but I only ever dated undergrads 18-20 so far, there's no fucking way I'm dating a 25 yo hag who browses 4chan.
>>
>>17983742
Art evolves you fucking retard, as does anything else like movies, videogames, books, music ,etc. Artists from the future will pick and choose what they like from the past and create entirely new things that we can't accurately describe just yet, but will recognize their influences.

It's unimaginative, creatively devoid mongoloids such as yourself that lead to cultural stagnation. Technology, medicine, human knowledge, all will expand as is necessary, because it is innately essential to the survival of our species.

Art, philosophy, ideas, are not as easily cultivated and require patience and encouragement before we can truly learn and grow from it. "Modern art" as you so dismissively emphasize it, is a step on the stairs, not the doorway at the top.
>>
>>17983742
Have you? Or are you just getting upset because you once read on yahoo news that someone used their period blood in their artwork?

There's plenty of awesome modern art.
>>
>>17985242
because people are shitting on guy 2 so to prolong the thread OP needed to defend him. I have little doubt this is another fantasy thread, given the information about OP.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.