[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1474132144910.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474132144910.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
I feel empty. Nothing makes me happy, I have no motivation and I don't remember when I was actually determined to do something. I noticed that the vidya I play is just for killing my free time so I stop noticing how pointless my life is.
How do I find my purpose in life /adv/? What the hell am I supposed to do? I don't love anyone, I don't feel a need to get close to anyone.
There are times when I just can "click" and become a emotionless robot, feeling absolutely nothing. All emotions just dissapear, both good and bad ones. But that is probably the only thing I have special about me.
I feel like my entire life has no meaning and I begin to wonder whether I shouldn't just off myself, for good.
How can people live their shitty lives and enjoy it, what drives them?
Has any of you had the same problem? Have any of you found their purpose, a reason to live on?
>>
>>17983362
I relate. It's difficult anon but I remind myself I have a life to live, my family and music. Everyone seems so happy and graduating from college and I feel so stupid and retarded honestly. Having families and I sit here alone at night posting on 4chan. But Idk anon. Life seems so hard.
>>
>>17983362
What do you think you'd be interested in developing a passion for? What are your skill sets? As for the connection with people, that's a necessary thing in order to live life instead of just existing in life. Are there meetups or group activities in your community where you can socialize and make connections with others?
>>
File: antichamber.jpg (248KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
antichamber.jpg
248KB, 1280x800px
I didn't find any. I don't play vidya, I browse 4chan instead, sometimes, without reading anything. As soon as I stop, going to sleep, anxiety strikes, as I am not able to escape my thoughts, it repeats every day. I will definitely off myself before 25, as there are no prospects in my life and I know that unconsciously I don't want all these things people seek, although I suffer by not having them.

>>17983616
>live life instead of just existing in life

This sentence hit me like a ton of bricks.
>>
you don't
>>
>>17983362
Get some money and go travelling around the world for 6-12 months. It will change your life.
>>
Hah. You don't. You build it.
>>
>>17983628
Yeah. It hit me hard too when another said it to me. Living life instead of existing in life is hard and painful. Anon, it's worth it though even if you don't feel it right now. I don't feel like living or even like existing sometimes like this weekend. It's hard. It feels like shit. But I believe fighting for living and not just existing is worth it.
>>
>>17983628
anon have you tried anxiety medication? I take gabapentin. anyway its worth a shot.
>>
File: IMG_5352.jpg (189KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5352.jpg
189KB, 500x700px
>>17983677
Anxiety is not related with disease I might have had, which is fixed by medication, I'd rather say it's purely conditional. I wouldn't worry if, how dull and obvious it sounds, had I nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17983628
>>17983362
Do not worry, my friend
We all have a niche in our world
Dont die, take your role

Find it soon
>>
>>17983362
Some people can live without purpose but other can't.
you sound like me a year ago.
if you are suicidal the whatever Idea you seem to think is greater than yourself, apply it.
It doesn't have to be good, it could be evil.
Hell if you had the views of the average /pol/ack but finally find meaning in your life that's a win
>>
Maybe participate in a team sport?
>>
>>17983677
>eat your new thoughts
I bet they work by reducing the feeling of anxiety, not resolving the cause nor showing a new approach - like psychedelics would.
>>
As for OP, I threw my life out of the window. I was certain that nothing would ever happen that would fix the world or push it to the right direction. I was just gazing at doom and retards who call it progress (just compare the style of architecture today and a hundred or two ago- it represents everything others do to me and everything I love). but the moment I discard my life, EU begins to crumble, USA elects a president who doesn't arm terrorists and seems to be against bombing the free nations.

For progressives to have felt the world bowing down to them for seventy years.. Now they experience their first losses, they tear down and start wrecking up the world.
Why? How disgusting can you be? I'm from a nation that's been slaves for a thousand years. In all my life there have been two positive changes in world politics. I'm so grateful for them, but those creatures had it all for them in the past, yet all they can do is bicker?
>>
>>17983628
>As soon as I stop, going to sleep, anxiety strikes, as I am not able to escape my thoughts
this

I take medication but still can barely sleep. I am very close to dropping out of uni right now yet I feel no motivation to do anything. I feel frustration, self-hatred, anxiety and I don't want to live anymore. I don't know why I am throwing away my life. I don't know why I just don't do anything about my situation. Just a few years ago everything was going more than great. Then I ruined everything and became addicted to escapism. Now my life is in shambles and just keeps getting worse.
>>
>>17983362
Hi anon. There is no need to be driven by something, or achieving anything. No need to love anyone, no need to be close to anyone. Things are just the way they are.
Me, I am kind of chaos. Sometimes I feel like I would need to achieve anything - go for it, get it, feel empty again. Life a while just seeing what's happening. Don't take things too serious. Sometimes I feel like I need to connect to people and at other times I prefer to stay alone.
All in all I am here to see, what's this all about, and the more I look, the more I got the feeling, there is no big purpose or reason or anything.
Things are just the way they are. Sometimes I like to adventure and walk on the mountains, sometimes I just surf 4chan. Sometimes I am having impact on peoples life, and sometimes I am just here.

No idea mate. If a purpose comes up, you will feel it. But it doesn't take any effort to stay alive. Do whatever you do. You are right the way you are.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.