[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484454344664.jpg (25KB, 396x456px) Image search: [Google]
1484454344664.jpg
25KB, 396x456px
I have autism.and I honestly hate the fact that my parents are clearly tired of me, and the way I act. They're usually embarrassed by me. And are always worried whenever I start talking in a public situation like I'm gonna say something dumb at any moment. And I feel ashamed to be called their son. What should I do?
>>
>>17983329
Move out
>>
>>17983378 or stop acting autistic.
>>
>>17983329
Google "autism support groups". Most are for parents with kids worse off than you, but among them you'll find groups for functioning spectrum people to meet and offer each other friendship and moral support.
>>
>>17983329
I hate autists that can't be fucking functional. I know it's really not your fault but FUCK you are unbearable to the majority of people.
I pity you and I don't wish autism to anyone ever.
It sucks op but I hope you find friends and i think the best thing should be to speak with your parents about it. Hatinf them will not do anything, just tell them you are hurt by them and you want to know if you can compensate for being autistic and if they can help you be more functional in society
>>
>>17983329
Hey, have you tried talking about this with your parents? Just be honest with them, tell them you worry that you embarrass them and that you're ashamed to be their son. I bet they'll support you and tell you that's not the case.

Next, you need to start addressing the public situation issues. I've got a friend who's high-functioning with Aspergers and he learned how to interact with people by writing out little flash cards to remind himself. Someone tells a joke? Laugh. Someone sneezes? Say bless you. Someone compliments you? Thank them. Especially if you discuss this with your parents, they may be able to help you work out how to cope in social situations. Alternatively, if you live in a country with free healthcare, you can discuss these issues with a doctor. It sounds like you need psychological help to build up your confidence.

There are plenty of people out there who'll support you, and you need to be brave to approach them for help. Start with your parents. Good luck :)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.