[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice? greentext to follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

cross-posted from /ck/

>cooking dinner for GF tonight
>nice porterhouse cut, some chicken kebabs, and a feta and cherry tomato salad, wedges basic stuff
>never seen her eat a full steak so pretty excited to cook one for her
>I'm very good at steak though
>prepare the cuts with rosemary, pepper, onion glaze
>prepare dressing for salad - start heating a salt rock on the bbq for the steak (takes half an hour)
>cook everything myself, alternating between the oven, the salad and the BBQ outside
>finally everything is done (steak is a perfect medium rare and smells divine)
>ask GF to help set the outside table
>she gets pissy because she is watching some SUPER IMPORTANT vine compilation of some fat bitch who screeches retard noises
>Fine, I'll do everything myself
>hesitates for ages
>get into an argument since setting the table while I'm dishing up is a super simple fucking thing to do
>she gets pissy
>after much aggravation everything is served up on plates
>she starts to eat, hesitates, goes inside and comes outside with a bottle of ketchup
>figure its for the potato wedges, fair enough
>she INSTANTLY covers the steak in ketchup, like a fucking LAKE OF KETCHUP
>I'm just completely aghast
>she hadn't even tried to taste it first
>it was a fucking great steak
>perfect, even
>she wolfs down the salad like an infant
>I say 'what the fuck, you have just spoiled everything'
>She says 'fuck this' and goes inside with her food and slams the door

Should I feel insulted? I feel like she was massively in the wrong, rude, uncooperative and disrespectful.

For context she sometimes cooks pasta. I do the lions share of the cooking most of the time and its usually more complex/expensive stuff.

What do you think?
>>
>>17980942

Gonna be honest, you both sound like bitches. For starters, if your gf gets pissy about setting the table, I can only imagine what things would be like if you ever wanted to get married or have a kid. Also, the ketchup thing is like a non-issue. I get that you think you made the perfect steak, but some people just want ketchup on their steak. That's how she wants it I'm guessing since you say you've never seen her eat a full steak. Get over yourself.
>>
>>17980952
m8 the steak was already marinaded and perfectly cooked. If you throw a shitload of ketchup on there like a fucking peasant it ruins the natural flavour of the meat since the acid in the sauce doesn't have enough time to neutralize with the meats juices. You might as well eat McDonalds instead since by that point it probably tastes the same.

It was at the end of a long day so I get not wanting to set the table - hell I was like that as a kid.

But to drown a steak in fucking ketchup is rude and insulting
>>
>>17980954
Are you the head chef of a five star restaurant? If not, don't get insulted by the ketchup thing. I understand slaving away for the perfect steak but you need to take a chill pill and swallow your pride.
>>
>>17980972
Why does it matter if I'm the head of a five star restaurant? she covered it in enough ketchup for five or six burgers, it was obviously deliberate

She ruined dinner because of being pissy

Why should I stay with this woman? It's fucking disrespectful as shit. She likes ketchup on stuff but at that point it's not even steak anymore
>>
>>17980979
lmao you n ur gf are cunts gl hf
>>
>>17980952
>Gonna be honest, you both sound like bitches

That's what happens when a man defines himself through a woman's job. I understand when a guy has a cooking hobby and believes he is good at it but to take it super seriously to the point of causing relationship conflict, lol
>>
>>17980942
Is this your everyday's life? Is she always pissy? She seems ungrateful but there is always another side to the story, give is some details? Not the ketchup story, but how do you live with her bla bla
>>
>>17980983
She does get pissy about once a month (yes her period is coming on atm)

Most of the time we get on really well, chores are split fifty fifty with me doing mostly 'dude stuff' like taking out trash, building new furniture and lifting shit. She does the washing most of the time. I do it if she cooks which is relatively rare. I earn significantly more money than she does.

Earlier today we were fantastic. We have shared interests etc

Don't know what other details I can offer
>>
ketchup is gross desu
>>
Your girlfriend sounds like really bitchy, but I'll try to see things from here perspective:

You obviously made an effort to cook nicely and you were proud of your meal, but she didn't care for it and felt like you were trying to force her to enjoy something she didn't ask for in the first place. So you got frustrated because she didn't care and didn't try to enjoy or contribute to the meal while she got frustrated because she would rather watch her internet videos and eat some microwaved crap and you kept badgering her for attention.

I think in a relationship you should at least try to appreciate your partner's interests. But if she doesn't care for cooking then she doesn't care for cooking and you've got to leave or cope with it.
>>
>>17980988
Then why did this one incident made you rethink your relationship? You know she's like this once a month, what are gonna do then?
Just shrug it off, she'll probably apologize later.
>>
>>17980972
Not OP

But I'd be pretty fucking insulted if I cooked food and someone immediately started to season it and spice it with sauce and shit without actually tasting it first. It's literally rules of etiquette.

Also, OP, sorry m8 but your gf is a bitch. You also sort of sound insufferable yourself. Like, honestly? I wouldn't put up with that pissy attitude and neither should you. This whole thing would have been avoided had you simply put your foot down and told her to set the table because you've got your fucking hands full.

But that's just me m8.
>>
>>17980942
she sounds like a pretty unpleasant modern age cunt. if she isn't paying a fair share to live with you together I'd break up with her and kick her out because she sounds fucking dreadful.

But I'm sure you're retarded also.
>>
>>17980972
I have to say there's a level of reasonable shit for some one to do to food... if some one does that to a burger, fine, but to pay extra and be able to cook a steak properly and go out of the way takes quite a bit more effort and then kind of take a shit on the time and effort, i'd rather toss in a microwave dinner for them to eat and i'll save the steak for myself.

>>17980979
that being said, you can't force some one to appreciate something. if op's post is indication as to what this type of person is, they're not interested in them and probably not a good partner.
>>
>>17980942
OP you are fucking nuts over this ketchup thing. There is no fucking etiquette thing broken here nor any show of disrespect. Bottom line you were already pissed at her for not helping by setting the table (I agree she should have helped and agree I would have been pissed too about that). I think there is more going on between the two of you than ketchup on a steak
>>
>>17980942

To be honest it seems like you were in a shitty mood which put her in the same, possibly because you had to juggle everything while she sat on her phone and then I assume you asked her to set the table in a "tone" which led to a snowball of passive aggressive back and forths until she had enough and just said "fuck this" and left.

Remember just because you're doing something nice doesn't give you the high ground, you can't get away with being a dick.

I don't think you're entirely to blame but I also don't think she is.
>>
>>17980942
>lake of ketchup

My fucking heart.

Your girlfriend sounds like trash my man. Maybe ketchup on the steak would get a pass BUT if someone is kind enough to slave away making dinner for you you do NOT act like a cunt when they ask you to set the table, even of the food is bad, even if you don't like steak, the gesture needs to be respected. What a bitch. I'd never cook for her again (or see her, for that matter)
>>
>>17980942
Get some McDonald's shite for her next time and serve that dinner described for me at earliest possible convenience.
>>
File: download.jpg (103KB, 600x644px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
103KB, 600x644px
kek this is why communication is right up there with trust honesty and respect as foundational pillars of gud relationshibbing

where you fucked up:
>deciding to put a marinade on steak
filthy casual nigger wat are you doing pleb tier

where gf fucked up:
>deciding to avenge the porterhouse
marinade was rude to steak, ketchup was rude to you...but also rude to poor steak too
tell her she only victimized it further and gibe dish of ketchup topped with gold star for trying if she cries so as to condition negative association and thereby protect future meals and shekels
>>
File: 1318597918453.jpg (78KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
1318597918453.jpg
78KB, 297x300px
/funposting aside, where you actually fucked up:

>not making your expectations clear with regard to behavioral boundaries & what you are/aren't willing to accept in a relationship
>uncertain from context but perhaps failing to express to her the importance of what this particular meal meant to you
did she know you were gonna be going out of your way to do something special for her or did you spring it on her?
>uncertain from context but perhaps not listening to her enough/having expectations she finds unreasonable
do you know why you've not seen her eat a full steak before? (benefit of the doubt here...given the lack of an explanation, the inclusion of reassurance in the next line, your passion for cooking, the bit about the salad, the followup bits about the ketchup, and the relationship not being anywhere near as new as it sounded in the OP, I suspect redundant question is redundant. If I've gotten this wrong, my apologies. If she simply doesn't like steak, well your disappointment is totally understandable all things considered though not totally fair and feeling undue pressure would certainly explain though certainly not excuse her reaction.)
>>
You're dating a child
>>
File: 1319249689065.jpg (68KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1319249689065.jpg
68KB, 400x533px
and where she actually fucked up:

>pointedly rude ketchup lake was passive-aggressive af; she needs to learn to inspect what she's feeling and own up to why she's feeling it; her conflict resolution instincts need major work
>failing to identify why she felt so disproportionately inconvenienced by your request to set the table relates similarly to the above point; her decision on how then to handle her response and act upon those feelings belies poor prioritizing and a lack of discipline
>being unappreciative, insensitive, and childishly bratty towards you because reasons
>degree is uncertain from context, but the inclination to either not realize or not care that she allows pms to be treated as the go-ahead to become an intractable irritable cunt once a month is apparent

lastly, addressed to both:

If gud communication and give-a-fuck then frequent cooperative harmony.
If shite communication and give-a-fuck then frequent petty buttmad. How fix:
>give more of a fuck
>fuck more
>express desires, grievances, and expectations openly more
>be receptive to hearing and understanding each other whenever one such expression is offered up, and don't ever gloat or be a dick in the face of the next two points:
>>be willing to accept, admit, and rectify when wrong
>>be willing to accept, admit, and compromise when unreasonable
>make sincere effort not to fall back to using passive aggressive bullshit tactics when frustrated or overwhelmed
>pick your battles

also am still remain skeptical here but onion glaze sounds tasty as all fuck, how make?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.