[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an internet relationship as meaningful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

After nearly 19 years on this earth, I've found the first person to really make me feel special and like I'm not worthless. He's the first person I've ever wanted to commit to. There's an issue though, he's on another continent. I love him and he loves me. He tells me how loyal he is to me but I can't help but get this nagging feeling that it doesn't matter since my contact with him has only been through a computer. Am I right to feel that? How do I ignore that feeling?
>>
I know several people who found the love of their lives on the internets. They however actually flew to see each other and got married and live together.
>>
>>17980190
We've talked about meeting in person before. I was thinking we were abnormal or something. I'm glad there's a chance
>>
>>17980316
Also beware of the catfish. Make sure you love this person even if he's a balding Bangladeshi man.
>>
>>17980188
he probably just wants nudes desu. also hes probably ugly if he wants to commit tl a girl he hasnt met yet.
>>
>>17980338
We've shared timestamped images before. I know what he looks like and he knows what I look like. Besides, we didn't meet in a way you'd meet a catfish. We only casually chatted in a thread on /d/ for a bit before we decided to exchange discords and it wasn't under romantic pretenses either. We just talked and one thing led to another

>>17980348
Maybe I should have mentioned this in the OP but I'm a guy too
>>
It can be meaningful but it will always lack in comparison. You're going to miss some things that make a normal relationship so comfy, hugging, cuddling, understanding eye contact etc. If you like him enough to put up with that, go for it.
>>
>>17980188
>only been through a computer.
Some people are blind or deaf or both, and they can still have a meaningful relationship without ever seeing or hearing their partner. Your communication being only online doesn't make it less real, even though it is a limitation.
>>
>>17980366
I dated some guy from r9k (of all fucking places) like that.

We chatted for half a year before meeting up, often with the video on in Skype, and the sparks just flew all over when we finally met in person. So we ended up together. It's not a happy ending where we got married and happy ever after though. As we were talking of moving in together and making sure we wanted to walk the same direction in life, turns out on the issue of children we had unbridgeable differences. But I don't regret it one second and it was one of the better chances I took in my life.

However you do need to see each other in the flesh before you call it an actual true relationship and spend some time together. When the computer goes out, the other person is not in your life. You don't know how they smell, how they feel when you have sex, how they act in the morning. Like the bodily human thing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.